• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

G.I. JOE THREAD YO JOE!!!!!!
10 10

2,338 posts in this topic

Long time lurker. First time poster. Just got back from CGC an America's Elite #11 Variant that graded at 9.8. Is mine the only 9.8 out there so far? It's not in the census yet but I have no idea how often they update. Had a So Much Fun #63 come back a 6.0 as well.

Made up for the not so nice grades my #155 and my Special #1 didn't come back with. (9.0 and 9.4).

Quick story on how I acquired my America's Elite #11. I was a comic retailer back when the issue was originally solicited. Since I had in my head at the time that I personally wanted one of every Joe comic to go with my original art collection I decided to actually order 200 of the damn book. We're talking a book that my chain of 3 stores would've only typically ordered 50 copies max between all the stores. Needless to say a lot of regular #11s were in our blow out stock at cons. I can't imagine there were many actual retailers who hit the required # to get the variant especially since it wasn't a #1 or seemingly a truly significant issue or even cover to warrant the order.

I know everyone here wants pics as proof so I'll try and post those this weekend. In the meantime you can view some of my art collection on CAF here:

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerydetail.asp?gcat=13452

Thanks in advance for any responses to my questions at the top of this post.

Howie

WTTB's!

Awesome OA from 155!!!! (worship)

And excellent pick-up on the Elite #11 9.8!!!!!! :golfclap:

Well anyone keeping up with the IDW - GI Joe: ARAH? 200th issue coming up in a few months!

- Celebrating with and GI Joe/Transformers series kickoff for Free Comic Book Day and Transformers issue 100 with a connected sketch cover by Robert Atkins: (different continuity of course)

GI_Joe-RAH200-covSUB_zps0137be5f.jpg1387042231_TF-REGEN_100_CVR_SUB_zps8f7764b3.jpg

I'm excited to see the series reach 200 (just bought the Hama sketch cover OA to celebrate!!)

Plus with the Christmas season here I always think back to my favorite Christmases and what new GI Joe toys Santa brought me! lol

Edited by Silent Master

Plus with the Christmas season here I always think back to my favorite Christmases and what new GI Joe toys Santa brought me! lol

This brought a smile to my face.

Nothing will ever beat the Christmas when I got the USS Flagg Aircraft Carrier

Oh hell no! I would have krapped my pants if I had gotten that under the tree. I mostly got the planes, and figures. Never got into the big bases.

Oh hell no! I would have krapped my pants if I had gotten that under the tree. I mostly got the planes, and figures. Never got into the big bases.

I'm with you; was never lucky enough for the big ones! Absolutely LOVED getting the vehicles and aircraft though.

I can't even image the number of "missions" my VAMP, WHALE, and Dragonfly went on as a kid!!!

I'm with you; was never lucky enough for the big ones! Absolutely LOVED getting the vehicles and aircraft though.

I can't even image the number of "missions" my VAMP, WHALE, and Dragonfly went on as a kid!!!

My VAMP, WHALE, and Dragonfly were all parked on the deck of my U.S.S. Flagg. :cloud9:

:acclaim:

:P

As far as opening them on Christmas day, I remember vividly getting my 1st Zartan figure. I really wanted him badly.

It was the 1st gift I opened because I knew the exact size of the box he came in and grabbed that present 1st. I then ripped him out of the box before opening any other presents. lol

And this is awesome as well!! Robert Atkins is the man for Joe art! He's high on my want list for a sketch cover/commission. (thumbs u

I totally agree, Atkins has done some great Joe work. I have several sketches including these (2) 11X17's

100_1118_zps700be1bb.jpg

My favorite GI Joe Christmas gift ever was the vehicle that made a bridge. Can't recall the name of it.

Toss n' Cross - Bridge Layer - driven by Toll Booth!!!

1_zpsf495dd74.jpg

That's it, thanks for digging it up. Still seems both cool and mostly useless.

lol - I thought it was a very cool toy back in the day but it was probably because of this awesome TV commercial brain washing me!!!

As far as opening them on Christmas day, I remember vividly getting my 1st Zartan figure. I really wanted him badly.

It was the 1st gift I opened because I knew the exact size of the box he came in and grabbed that present 1st. I then ripped him out of the box before opening any other presents. lol

Zartan. :cloud9: I was so pissed when I lost his leg things. That, and I got a dud. He didn't change to a deep blue like my friends did. Still, I was just as hyped when I finally got him.

Here's one of my favorite Atkins sketches that he did on the back of the Storm Shadow #1 Retail Incentive Cover:

EPSON002-1_zps46b5883d.jpgEPSON003-2_zps9964abf6.jpg

He does incredible work!!!

I love this one! (thumbs u

I voted for yours back when we had the best of the best GI Joe thread in the signature room. (thumbs u

I picked this up, first Joe comic I've bought in a looooong time. Also bought a raw one and read the silent story for the first time ever. :o Awesome! Now I don't know why it took me 20 years to pick one up. doh!

<a  href=002_zps95180468.jpg' alt='002_zps9518046