• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

G.I. JOE THREAD YO JOE!!!!!!
10 10

2,338 posts in this topic

Just a friendly reminder to all the sketch cover fans.

The new G.I. Joe ARAH sketch cover came out this week. Check your LCS if you didn't order any a head of time.

I'm liking the camouflage boarder. (thumbs u

_581_zps4bcdc476.jpg

The new G.I. Joe ARAH sketch cover came out this week. Check your LCS if you didn't order any a head of time.

_581_zps4bcdc476.jpg

Sweet! I've finally found a home base thread! Woot woot!

_581_zps4bcdc476.jpg

I've been buying these as fast as I can find them!!! :banana:

_581_zps4bcdc476.jpg

Someone will have to report on how well these blanks can take copics, etc. Looks awesome though! (thumbs u

_581_zps4bcdc476.jpg

Someone will have to report on how well these blanks can take copics, etc. Looks awesome though! (thumbs u

I have a few of these. The quality isn't as good as the Marvel and DC blanks.

I've had a hard time finding the blackthorne second print of #2

, #6 , and a really tough time finding copies of how to draw Joe #3. Now you have me looking for this mythical second printing of 21! Sheesh. I wish I knew what to look for. At least I have some idea of what to look for, when searching for Bigfoot. Will it say "second printing", like it does for the third? Or maybe they meant to call the third printing the second printing, and dropped the ball? It's time to get Metarog on the case. If one exists, Roger will find it.

According to a CGC spokesman the GI Joe 2nd print does not exist...

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7108303&fpart=8

????????

I've never seen one - I've done a LOT of looking for this through the years and just wish someone had a way to, without a doubt, confirm it one way or another.

It would be nice if we knew what to look for. A stamp on the inside that says second print? Different 1st page bottom? Back cover? The only way to even attempt to find one would be to go over every copy of 21 available. That's a task. There probably isn't one, but I won't take CGC's word for it. Maybe someone could ask Hama for any information whenever he appears at another show? It's worth a shot.

I too have been searching for a 21 2nd print.

I thought I had one about a month ago.

It had a black spidey on the cover and nothing inside; however, when I got it home I realized it was a 3rd print that had faded on the interior. :(

I've told many people I'm looking for one, and I've had dealers swear they've seen them... but who knows? It certainly feels like I'm chasing the white whale... lol

I have been searching for one as well, of course, though nowhere close to 10 years...I would think it is fairly safe to say that if you guys, who are clearly the pinnacle of GI Joe collecting, collectively haven't even seen one, it doesn't exist.

If there are so many third prints around, why wouldn't there be just as many second prints?

I would agree that the only way to know for sure is to either see one, or get the story from someone at Marvel from that time as to why they would specifically print "third printing" and skip the second print...

I thought I saw one today. The guy wanted $50 for it. I opened the book up and inside I saw "3rd printing" scratched out with "second printing" written in pen as a replacement. Yeah, I laughed just a little. I have looked for this issue for forever to, I don't think it exists. my 2c

I've always thought they were out there, but didn't have "2nd printing" written on the inside. Similar to #3 and a few others:

From earlier in this thread:

You got me thinking about this. lol

#3 was similar to this. The 2nd print to #3 has a different cover, but the inside also does NOT have anything written inside. CGC grades them both as 1st prints.

I believe the 1st print was the diamond price box, the 2nd print was the Marvel "M" and they were in the 3 packs.

GIJoe3.jpg

Again, I've been led to believe the 2nd print #21 has the black Spidey (like the 3rd print) on the cover, with nothing written inside. This way people who have it, may believe they have a 1st print. That's just what I've heard; however, I've never seen one.

I think he was referencing the Blackthorne 3-D #2 reprint from the picture...there was a second print of the GI Joe 3D #2 comic, but for some reason, it was printed with the cover of #4 (so it's the cover of #4 but numbered #2). It's fairly rare but can be found (I've acquired two in a few years of looking)