• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NEW SPIRIT TRAILER

15 posts in this topic

Let me preface this by saying that I am a huge Frank Miller fan.

Let me further preface by saying, I'm just as big a Will Eisner fan.

This is shameful. For a guy like Miller, who wants his own unique vision of his own classic works to be told with integrity on the screen, he's on one of his mentor's visions.

If he wanted Sin City 2 to have come out quicker, he should have worked on that instead. This isn't Eisner's Spirit. This is Miller's Sin City starring the Spirit.

I've read the conversations between the two of them. I know what Eisner meant to Miller. Along with Kazuo Koike, Eisner was a massive influence on Miller. Sin City is a loving pastiche of a hardboiled version of the Spirit.

I'll go see it, but I'm already immensely disapointed.

Now make a damned Ronin movie already.

And a Martha Washington. My sweet Thrall, Martha Washington is more timely now than when he wrote it.

I still can't believe they actually let Frank Miller physically direct a movie - heat should only go so far, and he's been tried out many times in the past for directing, and has either been booted early, or has been physically removed from the project.

When the Spirit hits theaters, you'll know why. lol

Let me preface this by saying that I am a huge Frank Miller fan.

Let me further preface by saying, I'm just as big a Will Eisner fan.

This is shameful. For a guy like Miller, who wants his own unique vision of his own classic works to be told with integrity on the screen, he's on one of his mentor's visions.

If he wanted Sin City 2 to have come out quicker, he should have worked on that instead. This isn't Eisner's Spirit. This is Miller's Sin City starring the Spirit.

I've read the conversations between the two of them. I know what Eisner meant to Miller. Along with Kazuo Koike, Eisner was a massive influence on Miller. Sin City is a loving pastiche of a hardboiled version of the Spirit.

I'll go see it, but I'm already immensely disapointed.

Now make a damned Ronin movie already.

And a Martha Washington. My sweet Thrall, Martha Washington is more timely now than when he wrote it.

took the words ot of my mouth. This is better. But what the heck is it??

At least this trailer is a LOT better than the 1st one.

I really disliked the 1st one because the editing was so spotty and disjointed...

Yeah, this is much better and seems to actually have story not about busty women.