• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PROFILES IN HISTORY- NEW COMIC ART UPDATE-FINALLY!!!! (TOMORROW!!!)

140 posts in this topic

Just a reminder folks, that the the Profiles in History website updates with all the new art TOMORROW,

Thursday Oct. 2nd...12PM PST (3PM on the East coast)!!!!!

Forwarded from Joe Maddalena at Profiles in History:

>>

Dear Profiles in History clients,

You've emailed us...you've asked us...you've waited patiently...

And now, at last....it's *that* time again...!

Time for PIH to have it's semi-annual ORIGINAL COMIC ART WEBSITE UPDATE!!!

Profiles in History is well known to have come up with some of the most wonderful original hand-drawn comic art for sale during their past updates for the most discriminating collectors, and this update is no exception...!

Approximately 100 new, and almost totally *FRESH TO THE MARKET* pieces of comic art will be offered this time around...

Just to give you a taste, here's just a FEW of the many pieces included in this sale:

-A STUNNING 1970s Amazing Spiderman cover by Gil Kane and John Romita

-One of the most KEY pages from Alan Moore's MIRACLEMAN #1 (featuring Kid Miracleman)

-A Steve Bissette Swamp Thing page from Alan Moore's classic run

-Multiple Gene Colan 1970s Howard the Duck covers

-Multiple vintage Dave Cockrum X-Men pages

-A beautiful Ross Andru Spiderman page (with 10 images of Spidey on it)

-A 1970s Mike Kaluta Lord of the Rings PAINTING

- One of the BEST Brian Bolland splash pages from Camelot 3000

-A 1970s Jerry Grandanetti/Joe Simon PAINTED COVER

-A HUGE SELECTION of Eric Powell art, both from his critically acclaimed Action Comics "Bizarro World" storyline (written by Richard Donner) AND art from his popular series THE GOON

-A David Mazzuchelli cover from a CLASSIC issue of DAREDEVIL

-An Eduardo Risso PAINTED COVER

-Vintage 1970s George Perez X-Men page (and a Perez Avengers page too!)

-An Ed McGuinness double-page BATTLE spread from the new HULK series

-A stunning vintage piece of Jim Lee X-Men art featuring the whole team

-A beautiful 1950s Lee Elias Black Cat page

...and many, MANY more vintage pages and covers by Sal Buscema, Dale Keown, Jerry Grandanetti, Mark Silvestri, Joe Sinnott, George Tuska, Gil Kane, Jack Kamen, Dillin, Jeff Darrow, Vaughn Bode, Jack Abel, and many others...!!!

There will be NO PREVIEWS on this sale, and all art will be sold on a first-come, first-served basis.

The art will be available for sale and to view at www.ProfilesinHistory.com at exactly 12PM PST (3PM on the East coast) on Thursday Oct. 2nd.

Call (800) 942-8856 and ask for Fong Sam to place your order!!

Thanks to all those who made our last original comic art sale such a huge success...we look forward to making many more collectors very happy with this sale as well...

thanks/best,

JOE MADDALENA

Profiles In History

<<

The owner of Profiles in History is my best friend, so I have the ear to the ground on this stuff and help him out when he needs it... :)

-JONATHAN MANKUTA

Nothin better in the world than friends....

myspace-comments-best-friends.gif

The selection of Eric Powell art this time around is *unmatched*...trust me...

I can attest to that...I was at Eric's booth at SDCC when Jon bought a massive pile of art for resale. It was truly an impressive haul, about 50 pages or so. So no doubt...short of seeing Eric at a show, this will be the biggest public offering ever.

Just an FYI for anyone who doesn't see something they love this time around: Eric has just announced that he has hired an assistant to help him sell his art, so everyone will be able to get it directly from his website in the future. There's no guarantee that the prices will be lower, though...when he sees Jon's markup, he may decide to do the same. Only time will tell.

What is the markup ? Presumably 100 pct or more ? Do you recommend we ignore this auction, cut out this middleman & await the website ?

technically, anything above the original asking price is a "mark-up" .

on a not so side note... the damn website still hasnt updated lol

Trust me, we're kinda pissed at the internet delay too...

ah its par for the course. very rarely do these updates actually happen at the exact time theyre supposed too... but thats just in my experience... the server must just be getting hammered as I know im a refresh button monster right now.