• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PROFILES IN HISTORY- NEW COMIC ART UPDATE-FINALLY!!!! (TOMORROW!!!)

140 posts in this topic

Okay folks, here's the latest:

The Southern California Time/Warner has screwed up the timing of the Profiles in History art update today, and they STILL have us dead-screwed-up just as a few things were being downloaded from one server to another (so some images showed for a minute or two, then we lost images and most of the descriptions/images never got up at all).

So here's what we're doing:

TOMORROW, OCT. 3RD at 11AM PST. we will have the new art update in a downloadable PDF file so all can view all the art at once.

You'll go to the site, www.profilesinhistory.com and download the file, and then have a fun time shopping...

Sorry for the inconvenience, it's not fun for us either...

...but tomorrow, WILL be fun...see ya then!

Is there any point if art is already being sold ??

Joseph

Okay folks, here's the latest:

The Southern California Time/Warner has screwed up the timing of the Profiles in History art update today, and they STILL have us dead-screwed-up just as a few things were being downloaded from one server to another (so some images showed for a minute or two, then we lost images and most of the descriptions/images never got up at all).

So here's what we're doing:

TOMORROW, OCT. 3RD at 11AM PST. we will have the new art update in a downloadable PDF file so all can view all the art at once.

You'll go to the site, www.profilesinhistory.com and download the file, and then have a fun time shopping...

Sorry for the inconvenience, it's not fun for us either...

...but tomorrow, WILL be fun...see ya then!

Is there any point if art is already being sold ??

Joseph

The email I got from Profiles said "There will be NO PREVIEWS on this sale, and all art will be sold on a first-come, first-served basis."

Since the art listed, before it was almost immediately taken down, only went up to the K's in Kamen I don't know how a page in the P's (for Powell) could have been sold. No one would have known it existed or what it was priced at, in theory. (shrug)

C

Nah, you won't get in trouble...you're just leaking out 1/3 of what did air on the internet, (at least for a minute or so) and while the other 2/3 of it will be released tomorrow, I suppose if anyone likes what they see, PIH would sell it to you today if you call them for the hour and a half that they're still there today... :)

The was a daring and brillaint thinking soul who called at 12Pm and ASKED over the phone... :)

So the rest of us were chumps for playing along with you and waiting for the site to load? meh

I get that there were internet issues beyond your control...but I thought the whole point of making a big announcement for the art to load on the site was so everyone would get a fair and equal shot? (shrug)

Whats the Silvestri stuff? cover? :juggle:

Sorry to burst your bubble but I started making time payments on the cover to 234 in August so that will not be there.

(tsk) That's my OA grail. I'd stop collecting just to make payments to buy it (worship)

Sorry to burst your bubble but I started making time payments on the cover to 234 in August so that will not be there.

(tsk) That's my OA grail. I'd stop collecting just to make payments to buy it (worship)

Sorry but a Walking Dead 1 CGC 9.9 must be part of the deal for me to let it go.

The was a daring and brillaint thinking soul who called at 12Pm and ASKED over the phone... :)

So the rest of us were chumps for playing along with you and waiting for the site to load? meh

I get that there were internet issues beyond your control...but I thought the whole point of making a big announcement for the art to load on the site was so everyone would get a fair and equal shot? (shrug)

Like they say in South Park

"Shenanigans"

Sorry but a Walking Dead 1 CGC 9.9 must be part of the deal for me to let it go.

I'm sure my Uncle will help me out :P