• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PROFILES IN HISTORY- NEW COMIC ART UPDATE-FINALLY!!!! (TOMORROW!!!)

140 posts in this topic

Actually, ERIC marked up his prices a bit this year, and I marked them up with PIH only a small amount (Eric gave no volume discount either as those who watched me buy it all from him will attest). His prices will be about the same as what PIH has as he will pay about the same amount to his rep from what he told me...the markup on PIH on the Powell art is on average less than 30% from what Eric charged just to give you some idea.

That's interesting because Eric will not have a rep. He's selling the art directly himself (with the help of an assistant).

And, no, Eric gave no volume discounts. He's a lot tougher than I thought...a weaker man would have caved in to your hardcore, East Coast-style haggling skills! lol

It's nice that you decided to lower the prices because the prices quoted previous to today's update were all higher. For example...the ACTION #857 page #7 was originally quoted at $1250 and is now $950 (it was $700 from Eric). Whatever the case may be, the prices as they are now are at least somewhat more reasonable for collectors, and you'll still make a decent markup on top of that. So more of a "win-win". :) I'm definitely glad for my fellow collectors. (thumbs u

And, no, Eric gave no volume discounts. He's a lot tougher than I thought...a weaker man would have caved in to your hardcore, East Coast-style haggling skills! lol

It's nice that you decided to lower the prices because the prices quoted previous to today's update were all higher. For example...the ACTION #857 page #7 was originally quoted at $1250 and is now $950 (it was $700 from Eric). Whatever the case may be, the prices as they are now are at least somewhat more reasonable for collectors, and you'll still make a decent markup on top of that. So more of a "win-win". :) I'm definitely glad for my fellow collectors. (thumbs u

?!?!?!?

Felix, you're mistaken, the Action pages have NEVER been offered for sale before. It was never offered for sale at $1250. This is the very first time we've offered these pages for sale, period.

HOLY CR@P!!! That thar is a SH#TLOAD of Powell art!!!! :o

Nice Cockrums and very nice Garcia-Lopez (I think I know who might have gotten it and fellas you have to get up preeeetty early in the morning to beat him out on anything!).

from what he told me...the markup on PIH on the Powell art is on average less than 30% from what Eric charged just to give you some idea.

I guess Eric knows now to bump all his prices up 30%!!! lol

Enjoy Powell fans!!!!

This is the very first time we've offered these pages for sale, period.

I think you might've been thinking/referring to a page we sold last year from Goon?

Hi Jon:

I don't understand one thing. Yoram asked you earlier if you're working for PIH. You stated that PIH is owned by your best friend (we all know Joe Mad) and that you know certain things because of that relationship. So the implication to me was that you do not work for him. Yet you use the term "we" in referring to PIH activities and that "I marked it up." Are these pages yours and PIH is selling for you? hm or did I miss a post that explained it further?

Lamb

I don't work for PIH, and yeah he's my best friend...there are some things that I've helped him buy (like the Powell art) and helped him price (like the Powell art...lol). And I help out during his auctions...

I would hope that major issues would be noted over the phone

Like huge paste-ups including the head of the central character on the cover? ;)

What cover has the central character's head as a stat?

the OP will know what I'm talking about. Nothing from PIH.

I would hope that major issues would be noted over the phone

Like huge paste-ups including the head of the central character on the cover? ;)

What cover has the central character's head as a stat?

the OP will know what I'm talking about. Nothing from PIH.

yeap yeap

I have been meaning to call and see if that cool Goon Color piece is still available.

Also I noticed some CAF galleries updates with pieces from the sale (like the Bolland C3k Splash).

So come on everyone...spill it....who bought some stuff from the sale?

Link us...tell us details, show us pictures. (worship)

I can only seem to access the PDF Version of the sale list so I don't know what is sold and what is available....does anyone know which major pieces sold and what is still available? (shrug)

C

I was curious as well, especially regarding the Powell art, so I called PIH. Here's the tally: Out of 20 GOON pages, 8 have sold. Out of 22 ACTION pages, none have sold.

Zero.

One the one hand, this is a bit surprising. As comics, ACTION must have outsold GOON 5-1 minimally. Yet, it appears art collectors only want GOON. On the other hand, I'm not surprised there's resistance to the pricing. Eric had really priced his art aggressively for SDCC. Nothing wrong with that, he knows his market and should get as much as he can. But that leaves little room for markup. If Jonathan hadn't bought up all the art from Eric for resale, Eric might not have sold nearly that much otherwise. Ironic.

Speaking of which...I just got an e-mail from Eric's assistant. Looks like it won't be much longer before the art will be made available to all. Hopefully, they'll put some on Ebay as no reserve auctions. There have been some deals there lately.

I was curious as well, especially regarding the Powell art, so I called PIH. Here's the tally: Out of 20 GOON pages, 8 have sold. Out of 22 ACTION pages, none have sold.

Zero.

One the one hand, this is a bit surprising. As comics, ACTION must have outsold GOON 5-1 minimally. Yet, it appears art collectors only want GOON.

It could be that those buying a piece of Powell art perfer to have a piece he is most associated with.

I am unfamiliar with Hellboy prices does the same condition exist with Mignola? Does your average hellboy cover or page command a bigger market than his Marvel or DC work?