• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WOW! Amazing Spidey 14, CGC 10!!!!!

17 posts in this topic

He's had the book listed for almost 3 days now and has yet to change the title. There's an astronomical difference between 10 and 1.0. He's received 282 hits since posting and I know most of that's out of curiosity.

But maybe you're right. insufficiently_thoughtful_person wasn't the correct word choice. However, unless he changes the title it looks like he's trying to draw people in with the '10' and catch un-wary buyers off-guard.

What gives you the right to call someone an insufficiently_thoughtful_person or in charge of the insufficiently_thoughtful_person police. Maybe he thought it would grade higher. We all make mistakes. makepoint.gif

See "insufficiently_thoughtful_person" *assumes* that he made a mistake... "gypsy, tramp and thief" would assume he knowingly used the "10" in his descriptor to attract and/or mislead would-be bidders.

So Kev was giving the guy the benefit of the doubt grin.gif

I'm pretty sure once a bid has been placed you cannot change the title without starting the auction over, you can only add to the description. There is no doubt in my mind that his goal is to deceive. I received a great email from the winning bidder on this auction spidey #3 1.0

I warned her how horribly it was overgraded, she had bid unknowingly as a gift for her son, and said she had trusted the seller's description without really looking at his tiny scan. I believe his use of immaculate was very intentional.

I'm pretty sure once a bid has been placed you cannot change the title without starting the auction over, you can only add to the description. There is no doubt in my mind that his goal is to deceive. I received a great email from the winning bidder on this auction spidey #3 1.0

I warned her how horribly it was overgraded, she had bid unknowingly as a gift for her son, and said she had trusted the seller's description without really looking at his tiny scan. I believe his use of immaculate was very intentional.

I can't believe that seller had the nerve to call that a 7.5. Should more like a 3.0 in my opinion.

893whatthe.gif