• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage Signature Auction: Wins, Losses, and Commentary

31 posts in this topic

I'm bored at work today. I figured I'd start the inevitable "Heritage Signature Auction thread."

It's either this or watch the movie poster auction live for another hour 893whatthe.gif

Personally, I'm 1 for 2 so far. I don't think too many other people will have any winnings to post until at least tomorrow (Pov maybe?), but I do, so I'll get the ball rolling...

Did i mention I was bored? insane.gif

Anyway, I lost on a Doctor Zhivago poster (the British quad), but I won this:

goodfellasThumb.jpg" height="82" width="350

So Rob...what do you do with that???...Do you hang it, frame it, or tuck it away in a safe place???... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I mostly buy movie posters for display. That's the case with this one. It'll be framed and hung sometime soon- hopefully next month.

Nice poster. One of my all-time favorite movies! thumbsup2.gif

I always enjoy Ray Liotta's movies..and of course, those other guys in the film weren't bad either...

Are you familiar with "Something Wild," one of Liotta's earlier triumphs? He plays the psycho boyfriend who terrorizes Melanie Griffith and Jeff Daniels... fun, frenzied, fast-paced flick... here's the info on IMDB.com:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091983/

A few of the books that I thought I had a real chance on, are higher than I want to pay.

There's one book I have wanted for over 20 years, that I might have a shot at (Golden-Age). It's not in the condition I normally buy, but it could be many years before I have another shot.

I do have a lot of bids on lesser books, so I hope I win a few of those at reasonable prices.

Good luck to everyone.

Nice poster. One of my all-time favorite movies! thumbsup2.gif

I always enjoy Ray Liotta's movies..and of course, those other guys in the film weren't bad either...

Are you familiar with "Something Wild," one of Liotta's earlier triumphs? He plays the psycho boyfriend who terrorizes Melanie Griffith and Jeff Daniels... fun, frenzied, fast-paced flick... here's the info on IMDB.com:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091983/

Yeah, I saw that one a while back, and honestly didn't remember he was in that. I just remember Melanie in that wig. I think I remember a scene where she had Daniels handcuffed to the bed. (Oh, wait, something just came up! insane.gif)

My favorite Ray Liotta movie was the one where he played a psycho cop..going after Kurt's Russell's wife..Was Unlawful Entry the title of that one?

I'm bored at work today. I figured I'd start the inevitable "Heritage Signature Auction thread."

It's either this or watch the movie poster auction live for another hour 893whatthe.gif

Personally, I'm 1 for 2 so far. I don't think too many other people will have any winnings to post until at least tomorrow (Pov maybe?), but I do, so I'll get the ball rolling...

Did i mention I was bored? insane.gif

Anyway, I lost on a Doctor Zhivago poster (the British quad), but I won this:

goodfellasThumb.jpg" height="82" width="350

Great poster!! thumbsup2.gif

There's one book I have wanted for over 20 years, that I might have a shot at (Golden-Age). It's not in the condition I normally buy, but it could be many years before I have another shot.

893whatthe.gif 20 years. That's a long time. Let us know the book after the auction ends especially if you win it.

I'm passing on just about everything. The prices are way too high. I really wanted that Strange Tales 101 too.

Brian

I don't know if all books are too high, but usually it's tough to get a bargain.

If I'm lucky, I can get a few books for reasonable prices that you can't get on eBay. Of course, if I don't win them they usually show up on eBay in few months (but of course with a higher price tag).

Good Luck to All!!!!!

With 40 minutes left to go I have been trying to bid on some lots, but the site is so overloaded none of my bids are going through. It's happened before on a few of their ACA auctions. Bummer for me, but more of a bummer for their consignors who are losing out on last minute bidding!

Gotta rate Heritage a POOR 1.0 on this! sign-rantpost.gif

Timely

Something strange is going on at Heritage. I just looked at the bids on some of the pedigree books and they are significantly lower than they were this afternoon. I wonder if someone pulled a bunch of their bids or worse there was a scam bidder that Heritage discovered.