• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Selling a sequence of pages

13 posts in this topic

Hello,

I am a novice seller. I have three consecutive original art pages from a well-known marvel comic book and a very well-known artist/writer. How best to market them? Individually and hope that someone will want to buy all three? Or as a package?

Would be very appreciative of any advice.

Thanks.

Depends on whats on the page. I love owning consecutive pages BUT if any of those three are a splash page or one that a popular character is on multiple frames then you would do better selling that page individually. Lets say its a spider-man page. If on each of the three pages spidey is not present and or minimally present and there is no action or if there are just supporting characters then I would sell them all three as a lot.

Thanks! It's a Miller sequence involving Daredevil in a kind of running battle. He's in most frames. The final frame is the conclusion of the fight. So it all fits together well as a story with plenty of action from start to finish. I was worried that if you break them up then you would lose that storyline aspect.

If you sell them as a sequence it will be easier to move them all at once but you might get a little bit less.

If you sell them individually you might get a bit a bit more but it will take longer to move

Thanks! It's a Miller sequence involving Daredevil in a kind of running battle. He's in most frames. The final frame is the conclusion of the fight. So it all fits together well as a story with plenty of action from start to finish. I was worried that if you break them up then you would lose that storyline aspect.

Enough talk, we want to see those !!! :insane:

I'll take the middle page then!

Miller DD-Bullseye fight...very large $s...agree need to know what the pages are to make a good judgement. I know a guy who had the same dilemna with a vintage Cockrum X-Men pages...he sold 2 of 3 to one buyer in the end.

Duncstar

Your initial question belongs here in the discussion area. However, you should post the items for sale in the original art marketplace section on these boards when you are ready. You may get more of a response to the sale.

It can get confusing but it's separate for a reason.

All the best.

Cheers!

Nelson

Hello,

I am a novice seller. I have three consecutive original art pages from a well-known marvel comic book and a very well-known artist/writer. How best to market them? Individually and hope that someone will want to buy all three? Or as a package?

Would be very appreciative of any advice.

Thanks.

Ok, I'm interested! Really! Let's see em!

Scott Williams

To answer your question more directly--while it really depends on the quality of the pages and even which issue the sequence is from, the three pages together will be thousands of dollars. Potentially a five figure amount (though again, it really depends on just how desirable these pages are). If it's from a key issue (say DD 181), watch the crazy offers come flying in. But again, we've got to see what you've got before a real judgment can be made.

Scott