• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Try This Again....

116 posts in this topic

Only CGC can authorize Witnesses.

But they would have to do it when CGC opens the doors to allowing new Witnesses. The no new Witnesses scenario also applies to existing SS dealer accounts.

Can you explain No New Witness program? Why does the wait until 2009 exist? Are people beating down the door to become witnesses? If CGC has too many witnesses, is the bottom going to fall out of the SS market somehow? There's nobody in the Boston area I'm aware of.

I would go to Boston if I liked the boardies there

:baiting: JK

Only reason I'm not going is because it's on a Sunday and I have to take a day off and unfortunately I used all my paid days already.

:gossip: Call in sick, they'll never know!

But they would have to do it when CGC opens the doors to allowing new Witnesses. The no new Witnesses scenario also applies to existing SS dealer accounts.

Can you explain No New Witness program? Why does the wait until 2009 exist? Are people beating down the door to become witnesses? If CGC has too many witnesses, is the bottom going to fall out of the SS market somehow? There's nobody in the Boston area I'm aware of.

It's not a program. We had a lot of new people start early in the year, and it was decided that they would not approve any more. CGC decided to cap it. It's not as simple as "yes, go ahead and get books signed" there is a set of rules that need to be followed.

It's not an area thing, there's no map with SS territories carved out. To my knowledge, no one from the Boston area has stepped forward and applied for status. We have added more NY and NJ Witnesses over the past two years.

I feel your pain Nik. I've asked questions and had the thread locked in the SS forum. I think those questions are now, somewhat, answered in stickies. It can be a little bit self-loving in there.

I've had posts disappear and a locked thread as well (only in the SS forum).

*This post doesn't exist and I was never here.

It's not a program. We had a lot of new people start early in the year, and it was decided that they would not approve any more. CGC decided to cap it. It's not as simple as "yes, go ahead and get books signed" there is a set of rules that need to be followed.

It's not an area thing, there's no map with SS territories carved out. To my knowledge, no one from the Boston area has stepped forward and applied for status. We have added more NY and NJ Witnesses over the past two years.

I know you say that they would not approve anymore. But geessh! A large metropoliton area like Boston has zero witnesses. Couldn't there be exceptions made? It seems like there are a large number of people asking for this service here, but they are locked out. I'm not trying to bust your jewels or anything, but when there is a demand, and it would benifit the company wouldn't you want to make exceptions case by case?

I feel your pain Nik. I've asked questions and had the thread locked in the SS forum. I think those questions are now, somewhat, answered in stickies. It can be a little bit self-loving in there.

I've had posts disappear and locked threads as well (only in the SS forum).

*This post doesn't exist and I was never here.

:eek:

I'm not saying they wouldn't if a case could be made for it. Paul's the most reasonable guy I know and he makes the final call on who gets Witness status. Paul doesn't approve Witnesses out of necessity - there has to be interest and/or sponsorship and the person has to do at least one convention where CGC is set up and be supervised. There is a screening process that can't be bypassed.

I would go to Boston if I liked the boardies there

:baiting: JK

Only reason I'm not going is because it's on a Sunday and I have to take a day off and unfortunately I used all my paid days already.

Give me a days pay and a train ticket and I'll go :whistle:

:gossip: Call in sick, they'll never know!

Are there any in the Phoenix area? I ask because it seems the only opportunities for me to get something SS'ed is at the Cactus ComicCon when CGC has a booth. They also tell me to grab someone from the booth to witness it, so I assume Phoenix currently doesn't have any local witnesses.

And to be clear, I'm not looking for an angle in this to volunteer. I'm not crazy about waiting in lines, especially when I could be walking the floor looking at books to buy.

I don't believe there are any Witnesses in the Phoenix area. It's the same situation basically, someone there needs to step forward. I'm pretty certainly there are stores that are also Authorized Member Dealers (customer service should be able to identify if there are) in the Phoenix area, you could suggest that they consider adding the SS option to their account and use the Cactus Con as their review convention.

I don't believe there are any Witnesses in the Phoenix area. It's the same situation basically, someone there needs to step forward. I'm pretty certainly there are stores that are also Authorized Member Dealers (customer service should be able to identify if there are) in the Phoenix area, you could suggest that they consider adding the SS option to their account and use the Cactus Con as their review convention.

Alright, I'll talk to someone at Atomic Comics about it some time. They are members and practically the only ones in the area who'd consider it, I think. I'm starting to feel afraid that I'm the only one who'd show enough motivation and get stuck with the responsibility. :)