• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PREACHER appreciation thread

132 posts in this topic

Looking forward to checking out some Preacher for the first time...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=370124174015

:grin:^^

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

First off, you're gonna love it.

Secondly the reason I am laughing so hard is the seller posted the auction in the "adult" category. He could have gotten plenty more for that lot if he placed it in the comics section. I know I would have placed a snipe :devil:

I 'rarely' look in the adult comics section :blush:

Yeah, you got them at a great price and will be very happy. I just got a call from a friend (about an hour ago) who I let borrow the TPB's. He calling me all upset about how he couldn't believe that so and so did such and such to so and so (I won't spoil it). He was seriously bothered by the whole thing and that's the second time he has called me to complain (the first time he flipped out when so and so got capped!). That's how you know when the series is great. You actually care about the characters. By far my favorite series ever. Even though is may not be as literary as Sandman or others, it is just really fun to read and you can relate to the characters very easily.

And yeah, you got lucky with that being listed in the adult section! That went cheap. But do yourself a favor and buy the tpb's. That is how I read them and I couldn't imagine having to wait to buy the next issue. I would have died from the anticipation.

Got the package, they're in about 8.0 average. How many specials where there, this came with 4?

even at 8.0 average, you still made out. I doubt you could get the equivilant TPBs as cheaply. And with the comics you get the letters page (something I think folks forget about in todays message board world).

All of the specials are:

Preacher Special: Saint of Killers 1, 2, 3, 4

The Story of You-Know-Who

Cassidy: Blood & Whiskey

One Man's War (you can read most of this in my CAF gallery :grin: )

The Good Old Boys

Tall in the Saddle