• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PREACHER appreciation thread

132 posts in this topic

The only Preacher books that I read was Absolute Vertigo and Saint of killers (which I loved). I have decided that I want to read this series where should I start? Should I start by buying Absolute Vertigo then the Previews then #1 or should I just buy the TP or HC? Opinons and advice please?

If you're just looking to read and not collect, I'd start with the TPBs. They'll get you hooked in no time. Don't forget the one-shots: One Man's War, Blood and Whiskey, and The Story of You-Know-Who. You cannot go wrong with this title! (worship)

As for Absolute and the Preview, I don't believe they contain original material, just excerpts from issue 1. (thumbs u

Sorry, I forgot to include The Good Old Boys... doh!

All of the minis are included in the TPBs, so no need to buy these seperately if you get all of the TPBs (unless of course you have PREACHER OCD :insane: ) (thumbs u

And Tall in the Saddle. Last one, I promise! :headbang:

All great covers! I guess I could pose this question in the Signature thread but can anyone tell me how easy/difficult it is to snag Garth Ennis' sig? I dont recall seeing his name on any shows list recently.

Pretty easy. He is usually at NYCC and I'm not sure wich other shows he attends. I'm sure any of the SS reps attending NYCC (FFComics) can help you out.

:blush: shameless plug :blush: - Check my Registry for several Ennis/Dillon/Fabry signed books

Got in several Preachers today. More later this week.

But they're all 9.8s. Wheres the variety :baiting:

And I cede my #2 position to AGOODVENTURE (worship)

I am sure I will be getting some variety when my first submission comes back. They all looked mint to me but I am a noob and I probably missed something on a couple of them. (shrug)

All great covers! I guess I could pose this question in the Signature thread but can anyone tell me how easy/difficult it is to snag Garth Ennis' sig? I dont recall seeing his name on any shows list recently.

Pretty easy. He is usually at NYCC and I'm not sure wich other shows he attends. I'm sure any of the SS reps attending NYCC (FFComics) can help you out.

:blush: shameless plug :blush: - Check my Registry for several Ennis/Dillon/Fabry signed books

:o He's going to be at THIS years NYCC??

I didnt see his name on the list.

Well, don't take MY WORD , check the official website (linked in the Sig Series thread). But the point being it's not that hard. He does make appearances and is around.

Found him, RIGHT HERE , under FEATURED GUESTS

Well, don't take MY WORD , check the official website (linked in the Sig Series thread). But the point being it's not that hard. He does make appearances and is around.

Found him, RIGHT HERE , under FEATURED GUESTS

sigh... I know he wasnt there before... and after I already sent out my books for sigs..

figures