• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

We've seen your valuable comics: How much money do you make?

224 posts in this topic

I'd also like everyone to post their height, weight, bank account balances, hotness of their wives/girlfriends/husbands on a scale from 1 to 10, and the length of their Johnson or bra size. :popcorn:

Tall, Fat, Huge, 11, Already answered in the four previous questions.

wait, my bra size, or my wife's?

$500k, I work as a CEO of a medium sized oil company, I have 90,000 in my bank account, with another 3-5 million in my 401K.

And to your other questions...

9, 5, 17.3

and yet you buy low grade BA comics with or without marvel value stamps.

500k a year, but only a 500/yr comic book budget. After paying mortgages/property tax on 10 homes, you don't have a lot of money left for funny books. The economic downturn is taking its toll on all of us.

and since my comic budget exceeds yours and they are my passion, I am as well off as you are!

I know that analogy has holes in it, but my comics don't!

Just ribbing you, rich man. :baiting::foryou:

No need for flowers. Now if only I really made that much money... :cloud9:

I'd also like everyone to post their height, weight, bank account balances, hotness of their wives/girlfriends/husbands on a scale from 1 to 10, and the length of their Johnson or bra size. :popcorn:

Obviously mine.

You like that side boob? Yeah? Well you shouldn't because thats my side boob.

$500k, I work as a CEO of a medium sized oil company, I have 90,000 in my bank account, with another 3-5 million in my 401K.

And to your other questions...

9, 5, 17.3

and yet you buy low grade BA comics with or without marvel value stamps.

500k a year, but only a 500/yr comic book budget. After paying mortgages/property tax on 10 homes, you don't have a lot of money left for funny books. The economic downturn is taking its toll on all of us.

and since my comic budget exceeds yours and they are my passion, I am as well off as you are!

I know that analogy has holes in it, but my comics don't!

Just ribbing you, rich man. :baiting::foryou:

No need for flowers. Now if only I really made that much money... :cloud9:

bwahahahahahahaha.

u played me, son. I say ya played, ya played me.

Obviously mine.

You like that side boob? Yeah? Well you shouldn't because thats my side boob.

rotfl

that is a great PG line.

Specifically.

Then I want to know what's the most valuable thing (monetarily) in your possession?

meh

lol:applause:

I was starting to wonder whether it was just me that thought people who ask these kinds of questions on the boards are incredibly crass.

Having worked on automobiles for the majority off my life,

I can undeniably say that they all suk :busy:

I can almost agree with that except for the Mazda Rx7 and the Lamborghini Miura.

Well, "suck" is personal opinion...but performance SLUGS...are the Mazda, and Lambo, factually hm

West I was never a Vector fan because they used to use the American V8. It kind of killed the appeal for me though they do look terrific. I know they've changed their drive trains since. I'm a Porsche fanatic but generally appreciate most European exotics. Nothing sounds like a thoroughbred Italian car. I'm going to one day own a 1986 Porsche 911 Turbo with a 4 speed gear box. That's where my heart is.

:cloud9:

German made all the way Roy

slk350.jpg

caymanfront.jpg

caymanback.jpg

c350.jpg

For the record I saw one of the coolest things I've ever seen in real life. Anybody know what a 1984 Ferrari GTO is? I had one drive by me and Lou in downtown London, Ontario yesterday as we were out for brunch.

Talk about how much dough you need to drive one of those around. There were only about 280 built, it was not street legal in North America and just the insurance is probably more expensive than my mortgage.

And the sound....THE SOUND!!!

:cloud9::cloud9:

R.

anyone that knows me, knows that is my dream car!

I had a chance to buy on in 2002 and didn't have the cahones to pull the trigger...tried to buy one earlier this year, but it had already sold before I even found out about it :frustrated:

Rick what is the market value on those? I know it was a few $MIL back in the day but I have no idea now. Between the GTO and the Porsche 959 there really was not other car on the same playing field back then.

I had a chance , in 2002 to buy one for $375,000....

I inquired on one just a few months ago, but it had just sold for $600,000+

the only time I heard of one selling in the 7 figure range was right after Enzo died ....hyped up, but still my dream car!

What a insufficiently_thoughtful_person 'ROY' is, the AMERICAN V8...is most likely the GREATEST engine EVER produced. PERIOD!!!!

Flat 6

Yup, gotta agree with Bill.

I'm sorry but I have grown up in a car family that loved the American V8 and I find nothing to like about it (yes I can read your posts when someone else quotes them, Question).

I have grown up around Cadillacs, Chevys, Hemis and whatever else you can think of.

I measure greatness not by cost but by achievement.

The flat 6 horizontally opposed boxer motor that made Porsche is in my opinion one of the most beautifully designed motors of all time. Beautiful to look at, beautiful to work on, smooth as silk and a sound that is unparalleled except for the Italians...and there should be no surprise there.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

If I'm a m o r o n then what does that make you when we talk about cars?

R.

Rick what is the market value on those? I know it was a few $MIL back in the day but I have no idea now. Between the GTO and the Porsche 959 there really was not other car on the same playing field back then.

I see that a couple sold in the U.K. last year for around $400-$450K each, and I read elsewhere that they were selling for around $300K in 2000. If they ever sold for "a few million", I'd like to meet the buyer(s) so I can sell them a long bridge in Brooklyn. :doh:

one sold at auction last year for 295,000 pounds (approx $550,000 at the time)... I never saw one in the $400K range, but that is about right, depending on condition/milage, etc...

at least one sold for 7 figures after enzo died, that I know of...I still have some old Ferrari newsletters....when Enzo died, dealerships were getting 2-3x sticker for brand new Testarossa and 355's and even used Mondials! every asking price jumped for a while!

For the record I saw one of the coolest things I've ever seen in real life. Anybody know what a 1984 Ferrari GTO is? I had one drive by me and Lou in downtown London, Ontario yesterday as we were out for brunch.

Talk about how much dough you need to drive one of those around. There were only about 280 built, it was not street legal in North America and just the insurance is probably more expensive than my mortgage.

And the sound....THE SOUND!!!

:cloud9::cloud9:

R.

Wow! Now that I'm envious of. I've loved them since I read about them in high school in my copy of Exotic Cars 2.

And Gene, the 2nd car in your picture is a late-80s Testarossa. Learn your Ferraris! :P

I see that a couple sold in the U.K. last year for around $400-$450K each, and I read elsewhere that they were selling for around $300K in 2000. If they ever sold for "a few million", I'd like to meet the buyer(s) so I can sell them a long bridge in Brooklyn. :doh:

one sold at auction last year for 295,000 pounds (approx $550,000 at the time)... I never saw one in the $400K range, but that is about right, depending on condition/milage, etc...

at least one sold for 7 figures after enzo died, that I know of...I still have some old Ferrari newsletters....when Enzo died, dealerships were getting 2-3x sticker for brand new Testarossa and 355's and even used Mondials! every asking price jumped for a while!

Wish I would have seen your "Pintos" before you sold them. At least you got to enjoy two of the three cars I posted!

:)

Rick, I'd heard of a few selling for insane money early on before the big economic crash of the late 80's brought everything back down to it's knees. Remember there were Daytona Spyders fetching insane money...everything Ferrari was on fire in the 80's.

R.

Wow! Now that I'm envious of. I've loved them since I read about them in high school in my copy of Exotic Cars 2.

And Gene, the 2nd car in your picture is a late-80s Testarossa. Learn your Ferraris! :P

I had that same book. I must have read it a 1000 times! The sound of that GTO was unreal...like silk being torn...