• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Your Dream Commision

31 posts in this topic

I found this interesting

Let's say you could commision any artist (alive or dead) to draw any character, what would you have them draw for you?

For example:

I want John Byrne to draw a sweet large detailed Herbie for me.

I found this interesting

Let's say you could commision any artist (alive or dead) to draw any character, what would you have them draw for you?

For example:

I think CapFreak would want Steranko to do a portrait of , .............Aces ..... :grin:

I found this interesting

For example:

I think CapFreak would want Steranko to do a portrait of , .............Aces ..... :grin:

:P

I found this interesting

For example:

:P

:D

hm Tough call...here are a few options I'd definitely look for (some non-comic related)

--John Romita Sr: ASM 39 cover recreation

--Todd McFarlane: A Spider-Man/Venom battle

--John Byrne: BA X-Men Group shot

--Kelley Jones: Batman

--Jim Lee: Batman with Rogue Gallery in the background

--Tom Lyle: Robin Joker's Wild theme

--Alan Davis: Original Excalibur Group shot

--Art Adams: Classic X-Men #1 Cover recreation

--Larry Elmore: Heroes of the Lance (Dragonlance books)

--John Howe/ Alan Lee: Anything Lord of the Rings.

Frazetta, in his prime, doing almost anything, on a large scale board/canvas

"In his prime" is a good way of highlighting the idea of a 'Dream Commission'.

Unfortunately, many of the 'old-timers' servicing the requests for re-creations are not as impressive as they once were (brought on by old age, failing eyesight and a less steady hand).

For myself, I'd go for a Ditko ("in his prime") ASM cover. Not a re-creation (such things are pointless to me), but a new image.

Ditko's one of my art gods, but towards the end of the 1960s his style began to lean more heavily towards pure cartoon (his earlier work had a nice balance of illustration/cartoon), and (with the exception of SHADE, a partial return to former glories) I don't much care for his later work.

A Jack Kirby two-page spacescape featuring the Marvel heroes (most predominantly Cap, Thor and the FF) battling Galactus.

Mine is similar. I would have Gil Kane do a Marvel Universe (focusing on Avengers/Defenders/Champions) versus Thanos.