• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Orlando area comics shops?

23 posts in this topic

There should be a mall in the area. there's a store called collusium of comics and when i went there 5 years ago, they had sweet stuff. Even had a copy of ASM #1. If they are still there, its worth the visit.

Info:

407-240-7882

orlando@coliseumofcomics.com

Coliseum of Comics™ Orlando

4722 South Orange Blossom Trail

Orlando, FL 32839

We are located in the South Trail Plaza on the corner of Holden Ave. and South OBT. Look for us between Choo Choo's Chinese and Printing USA.

Visit our MySpace page.

www.myspace.com/mycoliseumofcomics

DIRECTIONS FROM DISNEY

Head east on I-4 from 535 (Lake Buena Vista), 536 (Epcot Center Dr.) or from any other Walt Disney World resort area [9 miles]. Drive to Exit 80A (US 17-92 / 441) and follow the exit heading south [1 mile]. Turn right into our shopping center immediately after Holden Ave.

Coliseum of Comics has several locations. There is the Orange Blossom Trail store (see above), the Fashion Square Mall store (3201 E. Colonial Drive) and an affiliate store in Ormond Beach called Cloak and Dagger.

Acme comics in Longwood (just north of Orlando, 905 E. State Hwy 434) has a pretty good selection of silver and bronze back issues.

There is also Sci-Fi City (6006 E. Colonial Drive), A Comic Shop (114. S Semoran)

and Bad Apple comics( several locations). If you make it up to Daytona there is World of Comics.

If your time is limited, I would stick with Acme and Coliseum.

Yes the owner of coliseum is Phil boyle, sometimes you might run into his brother there. They are great guys and seeing some footage recently on A Comic SHop comics, I would stay away from there. Coliseum really has the most to offer in that town IMHO. I thought Bad Apple closed up though.

I thought Bad Apple closed up though.

There store at Lake Square Mall in Leesburg, about an hour west of Orlando, closed about two weeks ago. Went in to pick up some boxes and they were gone.

Don't know if the south Orlando or Clermont stores are still open.

For BA, SA and GA you want to stick with Collisium (OBT location first, Fashion Square second) and Acme. You can also look up Greg White in Kissimmee and go to his warehouse. (Call ahead) He will have more GA and SA then any shop in town.

If you want the best selection of BA,SA, and GA with tight grading and fair prices you would be better off coming to my house.

Thanks for the tips on comics shops in Orlando. I went down this weekend for less than 48 hrs, and after attending (most of) my conference, I was able to get to 3 shops.

Too bad for me, I had to go out to dinner with my business partners on Saturday night, so I couldn't go to Tampa for the ALCS Game 6. At least the Red Sox won!

I found some great comics at both Coliseum of Comics on South Orange Blossom in Orlando and at Acme Comics in Longwood, about 20 minutes north of Orlando just a bit off I4. I was able to go thru the "good stuff" longboxes at both shops (yeah, I know the weather was beautiful outside - what a geek I was). The staff at both shops was very friendly and helpful. If you're a back issue collector, don't even go to the place called A Comic Shop on 436 - it's mostly goth with no back issues whatsoever.

Though I didn't get screaming deals, I was able to pick up some great eye-candy Golden Age books that I hardly ever see, plus a couple of well-priced higher grade Silver Age books. After all, it's only money, right...

Coolest books (tie) were:

Weird Science Fantasy 29, the classic Frazetta caveman-with-a-club cover, and

Crime SuspenStories 20, Johnny Craig's broken-neck hanging cover - simply despicable.

I also was able to obtain the following:

ASM 131 Mark Jeweler insert

Archie 78 (Archie/Betty cover vignette with Betty getting the "feel of the clutch")

Avengers 25 (great Dr Doom cover)

CATMAN 27 (great patriotic cover from WW2, American Flag backdrop)

Doctor Solar 1 (Gold Key from 1962)

Doom Patrol 86 (1st Doom Patrol in own title)

Eagle 1 (amazing LB Cole airplane cover)

FF 53

Fear 10 (1st ManThing)

Fight 32 (bizarre bondage/hooded nazi cover)

Fight 39 (superb GGA headlights cover)

Journey into Mystery 89 (iconic Thor cover)

House of Secrets 89 (minor cool cover - gothic image in an oval frame)

Tailspin (one shot from 1945 again with an amazing LB Cole airplane cover)

Sorry I am not capable of scanning these, but maybe I will post a Golden Age Group Shot if I can figure out the best way to get the camera image online. Anyway, it reinforces my habit of trying to get to comics shops when I travel out of town. These are some really cool books!

Sorry MCMiles, I didn't have web access otherwise I would have tried to get to your house and drool over your comics.

Thanks for the tips on comics shops in Orlando. I went down this weekend for less than 48 hrs, and after attending (most of) my conference, I was able to get to 3 shops.

Too bad for me, I had to go out to dinner with my business partners on Saturday night, so I couldn't go to Tampa for the ALCS Game 6. At least the Red Sox won!

I found some great comics at both Coliseum of Comics on South Orange Blossom in Orlando and at Acme Comics in Longwood, about 20 minutes north of Orlando just a bit off I4. I was able to go thru the "good stuff" longboxes at both shops (yeah, I know the weather was beautiful outside - what a geek I was). The staff at both shops was very friendly and helpful. If you're a back issue collector, don't even go to the place called A Comic Shop on 436 - it's mostly goth with no back issues whatsoever.

Though I didn't get screaming deals, I was able to pick up some great eye-candy Golden Age books that I hardly ever see, plus a couple of well-priced higher grade Silver Age books. After all, it's only money, right...

Crime SuspenStories 20, Johnny Craig's broken-neck hanging cover - simply despicable.

Archie 78 (Archie/Betty cover vignette with Betty getting the "feel of the clutch")

FF 53

Fear 10 (1st ManThing)

Sorry I am not capable of scanning these, but maybe I will post a Golden Age Group Shot if I can figure out the best way to get the camera image online. Anyway, it reinforces my habit of trying to get to comics shops when I travel out of town. These are some really cool books!

Sorry MCMiles, I didn't have web access otherwise I would have tried to get to your house and drool over your comics.

lol I have looked at many of those books several times. I couldn't tell you how many times I contemplated the Eagle #1.

All nice pick ups.

For BA, SA and GA you want to stick with Collisium (OBT location first, Fashion Square second) and Acme. You can also look up Greg White in Kissimmee and go to his warehouse. (Call ahead) He will have more GA and SA then any shop in town.

If you want the best selection of BA,SA, and GA with tight grading and fair prices you would be better off coming to my house.

if anyone goes to see Greg W, make sure you tell him how much you LOVE CGC comics :insane:

FF 53

Fear 10 (1st ManThing)

lol I have looked at many of those books several times. I couldn't tell you how many times I contemplated the Eagle #1.

All nice pick ups.

I am sure that those books had been picked over many times, but since I won't be in Orlando anytime soon, I figured I'd pick up what I liked. I still can't believe that the Crime SuspenStories 20 was there after all. Yeah, the Eagle 1 cover is pretty amazing.

You're right DC27Kid, Greg W. goes crazy when you mention CGC. He goes nuts! Anyways, you can find nice copies of GA or SA (4.0 to 7.0 raw copies) but you have to be prepared to deal confidently with him. That is sooooo funny, Greg W., going nuts when you mention CGC. I love it!