• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best Marvel carry over from the 50s? TOS, JIM or TTA?

Best Carry over marvel  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Best Carry over marvel

29 posts in this topic

I haven't read many JIM books so I can't comment on them, they do have nice covers though. However, I liked TtA Antman stuff better than the ToS early books. But once it switched to Hulk/Submariner, I'd say ToS was better.

Brian

If you had listed Strange Tales I would have voted for it! But as it is I feel the three listed are about equal.

Me too. It's the only one of the four that I collect as a run- owing to Ditko on Dr. Strange, Steranko on Nick Fury, and Starlin on Warlock.

Of the three listed, I'd say TOS- 1st Iron Man, Hawkeye, Black Widow and Silver Age Red Skull; the 1st X-Men crossover; 2nd Watcher and Origin, etc... Great title.

No doubt about it that even with Strange Tales on the list I'd vote for Tales of Suspense hands down every time. What do you guys see in ST? First Plant Man? 27_laughing.gif oh yeah I can see how that would compare with Hawkeye and Black Widow

Yes that was a mean rant but what can I say I'm a mean guy 27_laughing.gif

Eric

All of the following

First Human Torch S.A. (I believe?)

First Paste Pot Pete (pretty much limited to FF collectors)

Classic Human Torch/Submariner cover and battle

Early FF cross-over

First app Doc Strange

First S.A. app Captain America (as a character, not really him)

Early Spider-man cross-over

First Thor cross-over

First app Beatle (ASM collectors know him tongue.gif)

Early Quicksilver/Scarlet Witch app

First Nick Fury Agent of Shield

Early (maybe first?) Steranko Marvel cover

Not earth shattering but decent..definately some very very good writing in there though which sets the series apart.

Brian

No doubt about it that even with Strange Tales on the list I'd vote for Tales of Suspense hands down every time. What do you guys see in ST? First Plant Man?

If that is the best you can see in ST, well - 'nuff said.

What do you have against plants?? Sure, you have to drink yours through a straw, but is that any reason to discriminate against an entire world full of leafy greens??

Damn carnivore.

If that is the best you can see in ST, well - 'nuff said.

Um okay. Let me see. Good artwork. First Dr. Strange who is at best a second tier character. You guys seem to like the later issues. I think somone mentioned Starlin. Well lets face it the early issues made it a mediocre series at best. Please feel free to prove me wrong. I have an opinion and it can be changed if you can show me how ST is a good series. Oh yeah and one last thing lets look at the collector point of view( which is mine) The demand for Strange Tales isn't there. Just look at the Eides Ebay auctions. The TOS set record prices and the ST were listed over and over again. Just my $0.02

Eric sign-rantpost.gif

Also, I feel like I should mention this before things go much further down this road. I just like the STORIES in Strange Tales. For me this question isn't all about prices, "key books" and collectible demand. Tales of Suspense obviously is an important Marvel title in terms of key books. But that sort of consideration isn't the only thing directing my opinion.