• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What keeps you from saying "the Hell with it- I am selling my entire collection"

116 posts in this topic

Hi Fay! :hi: How have you been?

Hello Mike,

I'm doing better and things are going pretty good. (thumbs u

I see you're still buying up those sweet Action Comics. :cloud9:

I'm glad things are going good. Please send me a PM sometime. :wishluck:

What keeps you from not collecting comics?

Why must everything be from the negative. So somebody pees in your cornflakes and how all cornflakes suck?

Let's not buy cornflakes because some people pee on them.

Sorry, back from a wedding and this is a drunken post but your logic is flawed.

:foryou:

You need to collect comics because you like comics, not because of the people that sell you comics.

R.

I agree. Whats with the negativity? Comics continue to go up in value. More books are available to more people than ever before. Comics are great. Collecting is fun......... and profitable if you buy good stuff.

She wishes it was blocked so she didnt have to see it :baiting:

I wish it was closer so I could throw rocks at it. :baiting:

Now that makes more sense. :) Welcome back, Fay.

Thank you for the welcome back (worship) and I would never would

never throw anything at the big fellow.

After a few bad deals and extremely trying buyers/sellers, I am just about ready to say, "screw it" an put my whole collect up for sale...

What keeps you from doing this?

I am having trouble thinking of a good reason...

why not use this strategy take your whole collection and trade/sell to upgrade to a few CGC keys?example a AF 15.

This (along with most of the other posts) makes alot of sense to me. I have what equates to about 10 long boxes of comics (only half of one of those are my restored coverless comics).

I think I will make a goal to decrease that by 50% and take the money and invest in a CGC 8.0 or better SA key.

After that I think I will step away from actively buying/selling until after the holidays.

Thanks for all the feedback - you are a great group (thumbs u

The only thing about doing this, which I'm not opposed to, is that you never know what might become a decent key book in the future, and you may be sitting on one. Example: New Mutants 98's. My friend had about 20, slabbed, all came back 9.8's and has been making a ton of $$ now with them due to the movie in spring. Part of the fun, at least for me, is to see what might become more popular in the future. And not just for the $$, but just guessing.

Well..... Nothing. I am selling off 90% of my collection. Not because I want to quit collecting but a focus change. Maybe you need one also? I would keep whatever you hold dear and sell the rest. Once you are done and have some decent cash in hand you may decide that you can now pick up afew books you had wanted but couldnt afford.

The only reason I would sell my collection would be if I didnt like comics and bought them for investment potential. But being as I love comics that isnt going to happen.