• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Incredible Hulk just as good as Iron Man? (movie)

43 posts in this topic

I must see these superhero movies different than any other person on the planet, as I thought Hulk was THE better Marvel movie this summer.

Please consider the source as I still think Daredevil was the best of them all and don't understand why people despise it so much. The best cast from top to bottom and a compelling story :screwy:

Jim

:banana:

Big fan of the DD movie.

I must see these superhero movies different than any other person on the planet, as I thought Hulk was THE better Marvel movie this summer.

Please consider the source as I still think Daredevil was the best of them all and don't understand why people despise it so much. The best cast from top to bottom and a compelling story :screwy:

Jim

Big fan of the DD movie.

Yikes. You should be forced to watch that "fight scene" on the playground on a constant loop for all eternity as punishment. :sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick:

I like that fight scene.

I saw the thread recently where that was mentioned as a travesty of film and just rolled my eyes and smirked to myself.

good stuff.

One man's drivel is another man's something or another.

Yikes. You should be forced to watch that "fight scene" on the playground on a constant loop for all eternity as punishment. :sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick:

Anyone with such a total lack of taste would probably enjoy it. lol

Now I can understand a serious Daredevil fanboy overlooking the obvious flaws and somehow *liking* it, but to state it's the *best* in the face of Batman Begins, Iron Man, Dark Knight, V for Vendetta, Spider-man 1/2, etc. is absolutely insane.

I like that fight scene.

I saw the thread recently where that was mentioned as a travesty of film and just rolled my eyes and smirked to myself.

good stuff.

I agree with you that one man's meat is another's poison. I liked the Ang Lee Hulk movie quite a bit. (Please don't hurt me, Vince). But that Daredevil movie, to me, was bad. I didn't like Bullseye (Over the top and then over that top), Elektra (Why so serious?), the Kingpin (Just a cheap thug), or the tortured DD (who was never really tortured, but just seemed pissed all the time).

I like that fight scene.

good stuff.

I agree with you that one man's meat is another's poison. I liked the Ang Lee Hulk movie quite a bit. (Please don't hurt me, Vince). But that Daredevil movie, to me, was bad. I didn't like Bullseye (Over the top and then over that top), Elektra (Why so serious?), the Kingpin (Just a cheap thug), or the tortured DD (who was never really tortured, but just seemed pissed all the time).

I liked Lee's Hulk too. Dramatic in the true sense of the word.

As for DD- I think Collin Farrel is the true weakness in that movie- so campy.

Kingpin was underwritten also. I agree. Don't blame Duncan, just the writers.

Against the grain, I thought Affleck was fantastic in the role. And I'm glad to see him rehabing his own image, with his latest directorial movie, and his newer low key appearances.

I liked the Ang Lee Hulk movie quite a bit. (Please don't hurt me, Vince). But that Daredevil movie, to me, was bad.

I didn't like the first Hulk movie, but at least if it's on TV, I don't try to rip my eyes out of their sockets, like I do when Daredevil is on.

I had some non-comic nerd friends over, and we were switching channels and as luck would have it, we hit the point where Murdock says "Nice to meet you, uhh. I didn't get your name." to which Elektra replies, " I didn't give it."

They all burst out laughing with "WTF is this sheit?" comments, and proceeded to laugh constantly through the totally idiotic and illogical playground fight, and DD got a better response than most comedies I've seen with them.

This movie sucked so hard, Hoover sued for copyright infringement. doh!

I liked the Ang Lee Hulk movie quite a bit. (Please don't hurt me, Vince). But that Daredevil movie, to me, was bad.

I didn't like the first Hulk movie, but at least if it's on TV, I don't try to rip my eyes out of their sockets, like I do when Daredevil is on.

I had some non-comic nerd friends over, and we were switching channels and as luck would have it, we hit the point where Murdock says "Nice to meet you, uhh. I didn't get your name." to which Elektra replies, " I didn't give it."

They all burst out laughing with "WTF is this sheit?" comments, and proceeded to laugh constantly through the totally idiotic and illogical playground fight, and DD got a better response than most comedies I've seen with them.

This movie sucked so hard, Hoover sued for copyright infringement. doh!

I say Daredevil sucked a sleuth of dead grizzlies!

I saw the same ad about "Hulk is as good as Iron Man." It was good (better than the first at the very least). But it was no Iron Man.

Maybe cause we know what to expect? Not sure. Its Hulk Smash Army, Hulk on the run...

Same thing whether its a toon, tv show, comic or big screen in the last 20 yrs. Not sure.

It was still the best rendition of the Hulk.

I enjoyed the Hulk quite a bit...and Iron Man a bit more. My expectations were a bit lower for the Hulk which probably helped.

This was the best movie summer in a long time: Iron Man, Hulk, Wall-E, Dark Knight, Hellboy 2 :applause: :applause:

Indiana Jones, however, was ultimately forgettable (shrug) and The Happening :sick: was laughably bad.

Jim

Big fan of the DD movie.

Know wonder we get along JIMBO, DD is :banana:

DD just came out on Blueray.... :luhv:

Ok...

The "Hulk is as good as Iron Man" was a quote from the review by Aint It Cool News.

I saw the Hulk and I enjoyed it....it was, however, very loud in that theater so my wife likely would have enjoyed it more if her ears werent bleeding.

Iron Man....not as good as everyone who fawns over it says. Its good but it aint no Godfather.

Daredevil...fun to watch...acting sucked....Bullseye really sucked.

Elektra....again fun to watch because Jennifer looks good in the suit and she makes out with Typhoid Mary.

Jim

Big fan of the DD movie.

Johnny: I saw that today while I was at the store...I wasn't crazy about the fact that it was priced higher than any other Blu Ray on the shelf and didn't pick it up. When you come to see you relatives, I'll make sure I'll pick it up and we can watch it through my little home theatre set up :)

hometheatre014.jpg

hometheatre013.jpg

hometheatre017.jpg

BTW Vince I'm not a Daredevil fanboy as I can't ever recall reading an issue :(

Jim

Jim

Big fan of the DD movie.

Johnny: I saw that today while I was at the store...I wasn't crazy about the fact that it was priced higher than any other Blu Ray on the shelf and didn't pick it up. When you come to see you relatives, I'll make sure I'll pick it up and we can watch it through my little home theatre set up :)

hometheatre014.jpg

hometheatre013.jpg

hometheatre017.jpg

BTW Vince I'm not a Daredevil fanboy as I can't ever recall reading an issue :(

Jim

Home Theater :luhv:

Jim

Big fan of the DD movie.

I wish I were Jimbo, but I'm not, bro.

still, here's a dancing nana for ya. :banana:

Funny story...I went to buy the new Hulk on Blu Ray today only to find out that here in Canada it has been delayed til a Friday release date. The reason why? The studio put the Ang Lee version of the movie in all the cases that were destined for Canada. Anyone hiring a quality control manager, as I'm pretty sure there is at least one looking for a job right now. :)

Jim