• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is your favorite piece of art you own?

79 posts in this topic

Well I just saw NEXUS's thread about his new purchases and that Y cover is amazing!! So i thought making a thread about people favorite piece of art they own would be interesting to see. So try and pin point that one piece or two that you dont ever see yourself giving up. You can stretch it out to two pieces if you can't decide, like myself. Here are my picks.

ASM 551 cover

asm551cov.jpg

and Invincible 58 cover

Invincible58cover.jpg

So i thought making a thread about people favorite piece of art they own would be interesting to see. So try and pin point that one piece or two that you dont ever see yourself giving up. You can stretch it out to two pieces if you can't decide, like myself.

I collect both American and vintage UK art.

As this is a predominantly US site, I'll restrict my choices to American art:

nb5fp.jpg

WEIRD SCIENCE # 18 Cover by Wally Wood

dwcmsk.jpg

CAPTAIN ATOM # 80 Cover by Steve Ditko

I was very lucky to land the Woody cover (thanks to Albert Moy!) shortly before the record-price $200,000 sale of the WEIRD SCIENCE # 16 cover.

The Ditko cover is from May 1966 (concurrent with ASM # 36) and is an extremely rare example of a surviving (Large Art) 1960s Ditko Superhero cover (interestingly, Captain Atom pre-dates Spidey as Ditko's first superhero character).

EC is my all-time-favorite publishing outfit . . .

Ditko is my favorite superhero artist . . .

Thanks guys! :banana:

WOW that Spidey DPS is unreal!! When did you pick that up?

Got it in 2006, along with the rest of the interiors from that book. They can be seen in my CAF gallery.

That Thing/Hulk Wieringo splash is AMAZING! :o

Actually it's a commission he did for me right after he started his run on FF. I have splashes and covers by him, but this one is much more special and irreplaceable.

well im glad this is turning out well, lots of awesome art. I thought i made a Oops by creating this when Mephisto pointed out one had been created back in April. Come on Mephisto, everyone likes to post their great pieces as many times as possible :)