• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is your favorite piece of art you own?

79 posts in this topic

a kitson cover?

No sorry to disappoint, Pirate. Not a Kitson cover but the similar characters. Although maybe you won't be disappointed as that means more Kitson covers for you.

I won't touch kitson spidey covers, I'll stick to the more reasonable stuff :)

I had to reach back and bring back my old html skills. It's been a while.

The title of the thread doesn't specify if it needs to be comic art so. . . This is my favorte. This piece is by Larry Elmore that was used to sell the idea of the Dragonlance novels to TSR. Purely nostagic.

Dragonlance.jpg

This is my favorite piece of comic art. The trade cover from the Infinity Gauntlet series and penciled by Jim Starlin

StarlinInfinityGauntletTPBCover.jpg

thanks Chris! The forum code was changed around a little and I can't seem to imbed images anymore. This is a newbie question :shy: but how did you do that?

Right click the pic, click properties...copy and paste. (thumbs u

C

Chris,

may I ask (by post or by pm if secret) what the stupidest offer you've ever gotten for that piece is? I imagine you must have had a BUNCHA people knocking on your door to turn down.

What a classic page that is.

Dan

This question really is impossible to answer. It's like asking, "Of the art you have, who is the best artist?"

LUCIFER 14 has been in the "top 10" since I got it.

As well as the HUGE LUCIFER 31

But if the benchmark for favorite is "a piece you can't imagine selling" I could add some PREACHER, HELLBLAZER and LUCIFER pieces to the list as well :blahblah:

67383.jpg.50f2e8bf5d6199bc99be0b3acedc7678.jpg

67384.jpg.f4aa8341621a0fab896cd9bf86b44b7f.jpg

You know, I never thought of it that way . . . interesting.

I guess beauty (or in this case, suggestiveness) is in the eye of the beholder ;)

Best regards Terry.

- A

:blush:

Sorry . . . I hope you'll continue to take the illustration seriously!

Man, the art in this threads pretty killer. I really can't begin to pick a favorite, as I have long since weeded through the hundreds of pieces I used to have and am now down to the dozens that I adore. As someone else said, it's like choosing a favorite child.

So... here's a few I'm digging on today.

Paul Smith

Uncanny X-Men #173, p.15.

11" x 17" pen and ink on Marvel art board

The undisputed top of my nostalgia heap.

XMen.jpg

Duncan Fegredo

Shade the Changing Man #47, Cover.

11" x 17" acrylics, gouache and colored pencil on DC art board

Shade_new.jpg

Jon J. Muth

Dark Angel

24" x 30" oil on stretched canvas.

Angel.jpg

Ask me again tomorrow. Different list I'm sure.

Feel free to check out my CAF gallery for more fun...

-e.