• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Centerfold detached

7 posts in this topic

...I was looking at the Subby 1 currently for sale in the other forum, and was surprised to see a CGC 6.0 blue universal with a detached centerfold. (Actually I can't see the scan right now so I'm going off the text in that post.)

Taking the discussion outside of the context of that particular (aboslutely wonderful, well priced) book, how surprising/unsurprising is seeing a detached centerfold on a CGC 6.0 blue? Also, I thought CGC was moving away from making little notes like "centerfold detached" on the label. (Again I'm going blind on it - old label?)

I don't have the OGG in front of me but I certainly don't remember detached centerfold being "allowed" in 6.0.

Any thoughts? I have always assumed a book with a centerfold detached was VG at the aboslute best. I could be wrong... doh!

It's been my experience that a detached centerfold brings a grade down by 1.5 points. My Action #58 is a 7.0 with a detached centerfold, and that was graded in CGC's first year.

As for when CGC does and does not note a detached centerfold, I believe they note it on books that are 6.0 and above, but not below.

I would want to know it on all books why did they stop??

Buy the book not the slab I know, but if its slabed no way for me to tell if its detached or not unless its noted.

It's been my experience that a detached centerfold brings a grade down by 1.5 points. My Action #58 is a 7.0 with a detached centerfold, and that was graded in CGC's first year.

As for when CGC does and does not note a detached centerfold, I believe they note it on books that are 6.0 and above, but not below.

on my "pet-peeveometer," detached cf's get a small reading. just doesn't bother me much.

That's interesting, because one of my pet peeves IS a detached cf. I would like to have it noted on anything that is above a 4.0.

Personally, I always felt it was a tad nicer to have the cf secure on a vg or less, so I'd prefer to know. One of my standard questions I ask from sellers here, ebay, and dealers is whether the cf and cover are attached at all 4 points.