• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I collect ironic books

35 posts in this topic

This thread is a work in progress. Based on a suggestion from a reader of my thread, I have changed the title from funny books to ironic books. Any further suggestions will be taken into consideration as well.

Also, if you would like to post pictures of things commonly mistaken for now what I call ironic books, please do so as it will be very helpful to future collectors who may fall into the trap of purchasing a gorilla (as I have posted) by mistake. And, as we all know, a gorilla is much harder to encapsulate than a comic book.

Thank you for joining my thread.

Here's an example of a funny book I collect.

superboy196front.jpg

That looks like a nasty accident, I don't see the funny part about it. hm

It's funny because Superbaby isn't old enough to drive, but the title of the story is Superbaby's Big Race. Or, is that ironic? Maybe I collect ironic books?

Here's an example of a funny book I collect.

superboy196front.jpg

That looks like a nasty accident, I don't see the funny part about it. hm

It's funny because Superbaby isn't old enough to drive, but the title of the story is Superbaby's Big Race. Or, is that ironic? Maybe I collect ironic books?

That'd be one hell of a niche.

I have changed the title and comments in my original post. Thanks to GACollectibles for his input.

Any further derailing of my well thought out and insightful comments, will be regarded as a direct attack upon my character and the country of Liechtenstein.

It is Friday, I drank to many Diet Cokes and I do not want to be at work.