• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anti Comic Propoganda
2 2

78 posts in this topic

Here are the bibliography pages (I paid an extra $250 to get a copy with this page to go with my redacted copy! What was I thinking?!?)

By the way, if you have never read the book, you really should. It is very well written and is fascinating, even if unconvincing.

SOTI-Biblio-p1.jpg

SOTI-Biblio-p2.jpg

Biblio ---------------------- no Biblio

th_SeductionofInnocent1.jpgth_SOTI-no-biblio.jpg

why did they rip out the Bibliography?

I cant remember

My understanding was fear of lawsuits, but that is one of the reasons people use bibliographies (to give credit and avoid lawsuits). No explanation ever made much sense, but they are tough to find with the page intact, so it was removed early on.

Legend has it staff were dispatched by the publisher to bookstores to physically excise the offending page from books already on the vendors' shelves.

Hence the rarity.

I've only seen one copy of it with a bibliography at SD:CC in 2004 at a dealers booth. I was told of its rarity but I thought it was a sales pitch and didn't give a darn

Legend has it staff were dispatched by the publisher to bookstores to physically excise the offending page from books already on the vendors' shelves.

Hence the rarity.

I think that one makes alot of sence.

My Copy has a page at 399 ripped out..

I should start reading the whole book. I read part of it and stopped.

How does one tell if its a 1st print or a 2nd print?

Pretty sure mine is a second print but want to be sure

Hence the rarity.

I think that one makes alot of sence.

My Copy has a page at 399 ripped out..

I should start reading the whole book. I read part of it and stopped.

How does one tell if its a 1st print or a 2nd print?

Pretty sure mine is a second print but want to be sure

I believe this one with the bibliography page is a first print. The second printing I have is noted on the dust jacket and the R with the circle around it is missing on the publisher's page.

SOTI-biblio-title-page.jpg

Hence the rarity.

I've only seen one copy of it with a bibliography at SD:CC in 2004 at a dealers booth. I was told of its rarity but I thought it was a sales pitch and didn't give a darn

For a young man you are becoming very cynical.

I am proud of you (thumbs u