• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The better investment lowgrade CGC AF15 2.0 or highgrade CGC HULK 181 in future?

CGC high-grade WOLVERINE key vs CGC low grade. Spider-man key  

219 members have voted

1. 1. CGC high-grade WOLVERINE key vs CGC low grade. Spider-man key

29 posts in this topic

In honor of my first year anniversary on the boards, I ask the question what will be the better investment in 5 to 10 years down the line. low grade CGC 2.0 AF15 or

high grade CGC 9.6 INCREDIBLE HULK(first Wolverine) 181 ?

These seem like the most popular books that have been talked about over the year. I would be interested to know what you think which of these 2 books would bring the most profit over the next 5 to 10 years..You got two popular characters with movies,videogames and animated series.one is a low grade,the other a high grade.

remember by grade. I know AF 15 high grade would smoke Hulk 181 high grade.

this is CGC low grade AF 15 vs CGC high grade Hulk 181.

Thanks poll ends next Saturday.

I would dump the AF 15 in a heartbeat at a 2.0.
let me know when such things happen :baiting:

I had a chance to buy a couple over the past couple of years. I passed because I don like to buy ratty azz books :D

Maybe if the IH 181 was a 9.9 or higher...

If the cash he has is enough to pickup a hulk 181 in 9.9 I think he might be able to get an AF 15 in a better grade than 2.0 :baiting:

I'm assuming that the HG equivalent in this specific instant to be somewhere around the 9.2 -9.4 range :)

Both books are more short-term investments at the moment. AF 15 is on a huge run-up right now, and the wolverine movie will cause Hulk 181 to surge. Personally....I don't think either book will be worth as much in 5 years as they will be next year. 2c

Both books are more short-term investments at the moment. AF 15 is on a huge run-up right now, and the wolverine movie will cause Hulk 181 to surge. Personally....I don't think either book will be worth as much in 5 years as they will be next year. 2c

I agree with this regarding the Hulk 181 as I see the movie driving up the prices, but what has been driving up the AF15 over the last year or so? The last SM movie sucked and (unless I am missing something) only vague rumors of a fourth movie to come at some point.

I agree with this regarding the Hulk 181 as I see the movie driving up the prices, but what has been driving up the AF15 over the last year or so? The last SM movie sucked and (unless I am missing something) only vague rumors of a fourth movie to come at some point.

Possibly an influx of investors looking for solid blue chip books. Not sure what the exact catalyst was, but I believe what we're now seeing is a snowball effect. Some investors/collectors see the huge jump in prices....and feel that the book won't be getting any cheaper. Buy now before it's too late.

Time will tell, but I don't believe the current prices for low-grade beaters is sustainable. 2c

I think the Wolverine movie is going to be big.Hugh Jackman is the next Mel Gibson.You got to think at least two more Wolverine movies and two Spider-man movies. interest for these characters might have not yet peaked.

Maybe if the IH 181 was a 9.9 or higher...

If the cash he has is enough to pickup a hulk 181 in 9.9 I think he might be able to get an AF 15 in a better grade than 2.0 :baiting:

I'm assuming that the HG equivalent in this specific instant to be somewhere around the 9.2 -9.4 range :)

actually CGC 9.6

AF15. With a total of 3728 issues graded of Hulk 181 and 1574 graded at VF or better, there is just too much inventory for it to sustain the run up in price for AF 15, which has 1101 total books graded but only 28 graded at VF or better.