• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I cannot think of a better place to put money than comics and OA

62 posts in this topic

I was eyeing a few Timelys that were way over guide. I kept wanting to pull the trigger but while I don't mind paying a premium for hard to find books I didn't want to pay almost double guide.

Take it from a Timely collector...if you aren't paying double guide you aren't collecting Timelys.

That would explain why I only have one, and I love it dearly, but I believe only one Timely in 2 selling threads sold. Perhaps the market has changed?

Timely books (especially early, key or classic cover ones) will always sell for multiples of guide. We had a Marvel Mystery #9 3.0 ® raw sell for $6500 a few weeks ago...I would have bought it in a flash if I had the $$. That is a triple guide book that sold in a matter of hours.

We also had a boardie sell a run of Tecs from #27-37 on the boards recently...just because a book does not sell here it does not mean it won't sell elsewhere.

This place is a microcosm in the comic world.

I routinely put a book for sale here, it does not sell and then I get WAY more for it elsewhere.

A few examples.

JIM #84 CGC 7.0 offered for $850 here, sold for $1200 on Comiclink

TTA #1 ® 8.0 raw, offered for $400 here, sold for $800 on Ebay

JIM #84 CGC 8.0 offered for $1800 here, sold for $2100 on Comiclink

there are lots more I just can't remember them right now.

etc etc.

I would not make a judgment about the market based on what does or does not sell here.

R.

I was eyeing a few Timelys that were way over guide. I kept wanting to pull the trigger but while I don't mind paying a premium for hard to find books I didn't want to pay almost double guide.

Take it from a Timely collector...if you aren't paying double guide you aren't collecting Timelys.

That would explain why I only have one, and I love it dearly, but I believe only one Timely in 2 selling threads sold. Perhaps the market has changed?

But we had a boardie sell a run of Tecs from #27-37 on the boards recently...just because a book does not sell here it does not mean it won't sell elsewhere.

This place is a microcosm in the comic world.

I routinely put a book for sale here, it does not sell and then I get WAY more for it elsewhere.

A few examples.

JIM #84 CGC 7.0 offered for $850 here, sold for $1200 on Comiclink

TTA #1 ® 8.0 raw, offered for $400 here, sold for $800 on Ebay

JIM #84 CGC 8.0 offered for $1800 here, sold for $2100 on Comiclink

there are lots more I just can't remember them right now.

etc etc.

I would not make a judgment about the market based on what does or does not sell here.

R.

Roy we agree! :acclaim:

I am getting to the point here on the CGC boards where I might just sell "Raw" books because everytime I dont sell something here CGCed on the boards I tend to get more off Ebay anyway.

John

Right now the board has about 160 people viewing including the invisible and anonymous users so certainly a small sampling of the comic world hangs out here. I'm sure some sellers realize more $$ elsewhere and some of the great sellers here seem to be willing to leave a few $$ on the table because they prefer selling here. It does seem like we have more sellers lately and a lot of those sellers don't post except in their sales thread.

It does seem like we have more sellers lately and a lot of those sellers don't post except in their sales thread.

I would discourage you from buying from them.

I think the rich have more to lose than the poor. They actually have little rectangular pieces of paper with pictures of dead men on them that will soon be worth a lot less than they are now. If I was at the top 1% of rich peoples, id be buying comics and OA. Id make an offer of $30,000,000* on the Action #1 because when the dust settles, at least you have an Action #1 as opposedd to mere pictures of dead white men on rectangular pieces of paper.

* I imagine 30 M would do the trick, right?

Perhaps yer right but right now the market is voting for the U.S. $$. I've been waiting years for the American economy to crater and it's happened. I figured the U.S. $$ would suffer and gold would spike, boy I'm wrong so far. Will the future be inflation or deflation?

Do not worry about your gold, thehumantorch, or silver for that matter. They cannot be held down forever. The USD has no reason to be as strong as it is and the spot price on gold and especially silver are far below where they should be as well. Follow OA's advice and buy while the price is still low. (thumbs u

Andy

I think the rich have more to lose than the poor. They actually have little rectangular pieces of paper with pictures of dead men on them that will soon be worth a lot less than they are now. If I was at the top 1% of rich peoples, id be buying comics and OA. Id make an offer of $30,000,000* on the Action #1 because when the dust settles, at least you have an Action #1 as opposedd to mere pictures of dead white men on rectangular pieces of paper.

Perhaps yer right but right now the market is voting for the U.S. $$. I've been waiting years for the American economy to crater and it's happened. I figured the U.S. $$ would suffer and gold would spike, boy I'm wrong so far. Will the future be inflation or deflation?

Make no mistake about it - the future is inflation. This disinflationary period WILL end. Its not a question of if, its a question of when. I love gold too - buy as long as it keeps going down. Physical only.

I dub thee Fuktard Junior! :golfclap:

I haven't read anything but the first post, but this is a Krazy Kat shill thread isn't it?

I'm willing to bet money it is.

I guess I'll be waiting in the bar until the banning comes around. Anyone care to join me?

Do not worry about your gold, thehumantorch, or silver for that matter. They cannot be held down forever. The USD has no reason to be as strong as it is and the spot price on gold and especially silver are far below where they should be as well. Follow OA's advice and buy while the price is still low. (thumbs u

Andy

Thanks Andy. I plunked some $$ into precious metal funds when gold was about $300 and I've done really well. I'm not planning to sell what I have and I've considered buying more. If the collected world governments are magically creating $$ to prop up the banks I don't understand why real assets like gold don't appreciate. I do understand that the economic times are tough and demand for oil and other commodities is slumping so it seems like deflation also makes sense.

Gold and other commodity prices are being artificially kept down but they won't be able to do that forever. Personally I would buy physical commodities and not paper ones. It is just a matter of time before the US dollar falls again and Gold and Silver among other things will take off. I'd put money on it.

R.

Gold and other commodity prices are being artificially kept down but they won't be able to do that forever. Personally I would buy physical commodities and not paper ones. It is just a matter of time before the US dollar falls again and Gold and Silver among other things will take off. I'd put money on it.

R.

Hope you are right, it agrees with my view of the future. It worries me that most money is just data on harddrives. There is far more 'money' out there that actual paper $$.

R.

The key point is in bold. :sumo:

Andy

I haven't read anything but the first post, but this is a Krazy Kat shill thread isn't it?

I'm willing to bet money it is.

I guess I'll be waiting in the bar until the banning comes around. Anyone care to join me?

Ain't nuthin like a Monday monrnin' banning. :cloud9: