• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

why is there no buzz for the new Punisher movie?

11 posts in this topic

I suspect that the reasons are slightly more complex than that.

Like it will have no plot, a -script to cringe at, a formulaic cast of characters, 3rd rate actors, no market appeal beyond a few geeks, and will be toned down to get the 'correct' rating.

Until they get Scorsese to director, this is one franchise that will massively suck every time it's attempted. (thumbs u

All the buzz was used up on the crappy previous punisher flicks. We are all buzzless for a new punisher movie.

the Hulk 2003 was but at least thier was a buzz for the Ed Norton Hulk. this Punisher is getting no play. it will probally under perform the Thomas Jane flick.

I suspect that the reasons are slightly more complex than that.

Like it will have no plot, a -script to cringe at, a formulaic cast of characters, 3rd rate actors, no market appeal beyond a few geeks, and will be toned down to get the 'correct' rating.

Until they get Scorsese to director, this is one franchise that will massively suck every time it's attempted. (thumbs u

(thumbs u

Of all the Marvel movies this seems to have no buzz. my theory is because he will not be wearing the skull again. When will Hollywood learn. he must wear the skull.

He is not wearing a skull :censored: that I want to see a Skull

Because the Punisher isn't a super hero. Just A Judo master with a gun.

A better description could be Marvels answer to Batman except without a Joker.

whaat.gif

He's more Marvel's answer to the Joker than to Batman.

He's a highly trained vet who went psychotic, and doesn't mind using his expertise to get payback.

The problem with the Punisher is that Marvel has never raelly marketed him well. They tried early on with the magazines, to give him some reality, but they didn't do so well. That led to making him into Wolverine, with guns instead of claws. That didn't work too well either. Then they made him a demon hunter. hm, yeah. The newer stuff has been well recieved, though. More in line with the original.

The first movie was good, not great, but they made him brooding, not crazy. It's a tough sell to market the character the way he was envisioned. Guy goes pyscho and kills bad guys with no remorse.

It can be done, but it would take courage and would certainly get a lot of blowback.