• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's special/unique about your collection?

76 posts in this topic

My collection mirrors me.Always going in a 100 different directions.I have Frazetta ff covers,precde horror,Baker art books,Kubert art books,kirby art books.And of cource the best thing of all most of the early Ditko books.

To say your collecting focus isn't so focused, well, yeah. Dennis has a hodgepodge of great books all of which he will give to me...look deep into the pattern...must give...books...to DT...for $1.00 each...must obey

hypnosis.gif

Some people have a lot of comics, others have a tiny niche, while still others have wicked bad rooms with lights and mirrors. So what's the one thing that makes your collection stand out, unique, or special?

The books I bought off the rack between 1972-76 and 1981-85. Still have nearly all of them.

That's very cool. I love to hear about collectors like you and Burntboy who still have the books they bought off the stands.

My collection mirrors me.Always going in a 100 different directions.I have Frazetta ff covers,precde horror,Baker art books,Kubert art books,kirby art books.And of cource the best thing of all most of the early Ditko books.

To say your collecting focus isn't so focused, well, yeah. Dennis has a hodgepodge of great books all of which he will give to me...look deep into the pattern...must give...books...to DT...for $1.00 each...must obey

hypnosis.gif

I thought it was 5 dollars a piece (shrug)

hypnosis.gif

Finagler! :baiting:

What's special to me is that I still have a good number of books I bought as a youngster, maybe not off the rack but maybe out of the Great Escapes excellent .25 boxes at the time ( late 70's)

The fact is that my ill mother, found the strength many times to drive me to downtown Nashville so that she could buy me several dollars worth of books that would occupy me for Sunday afternoons and evenings. ( If I wasn't reading them, I was cataloging them or looking thru the ads or practicing my poor art skills from them. )

These books mean alot more to me now than they did 15 years ago when some of them were sold.

I am sure I could have found some trouble to get into given the situation and economics of the time but I was content to enjoy the comics and things I did have.

Some people have a lot of comics, others have a tiny niche, while still others have wicked bad rooms with lights and mirrors. So what's the one thing that makes your collection stand out, unique, or special?

I'm the proud owner of the best comics collection of...the neighbourhood... maybe ? :acclaim:

hypnosis.gif

Finagler! :baiting:

Welsher :baiting:

Probably the only thing "special" about my collection is the fact that I have over 100 full runs of Marvel and DC comics from the early 1960's up through today. I'm still working on completing a few of them (Fantastic Four, Hulk, Flash, Lois Lane, etc.) and would one day like to only a complete "slabbed" collection.

One thing about these boards: There are a heck of a lot of SWEET comics in all of these collections.

Shark