• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's special/unique about your collection?

76 posts in this topic

Some people have a lot of comics, others have a tiny niche, while still others have wicked bad rooms with lights and mirrors. So what's the one thing that makes your collection stand out, unique, or special?

The books I bought off the rack between 1972-76 and 1981-85. Still have just about all of them.

Hmmm.

I guess most of my collection, about 80% of it anyway, is stuff that I bought as a kid from 1978 on up through till about 1 year ago.

I stopped buying hardcore about 8 years ago, but almost all but stopped worrying about new comic book day 1 year ago. So much unread, untouched, it's a mess.

But probably 75% or more of my collection is high grade NM or better.

The standouts are my AF 15, Cerebus #1 signed by Sim, Cerebus First Fifth plates/prints hand painted signed and numbered framed in my office, a few A.P. statues and the most orig. thing I own is the orig. mock up from a Simpsons talking toy featuring Radioactive Man and fallout boy. It's got the orig. mock up box and it's the actuall prototype that the toy company used when pitching the product.

I guess on a personal level, those are the top things that are unique to ME in my collection. The prototype Simpsons toy probably the single most unique, albeit one of a kind.

2nd tier personal favorites in the collection, Amaz. SM 121 and122 raw NM 9.4, X-Men 94 CGC 9.4, two framed jam pages from artists at cons 10 years ago, and my recent Frazetta sig series aquisition.

One book I have, Conan 16 NM 9.6 raw was a 2 year+ search, so that's a favorite...although not unique.

Does my daughter count, purchased with the sale of a AF 15 CGC 8.0 6 years ago :think:

nothing this board would consider special. I'm into lots of things, so don't focus on one property, and much of what i have can be found at any given point on ebay or CL.

But it's nice, handled nicely, looks nice, and is well loved. It's better than 90% of all comic collections in the world, but here, that means nothing.

And that's a testament to the power of the collections here. :headbang:

My collection mirrors me.Always going in a 100 different directions.I have Frazetta ff covers,precde horror,Baker art books,Kubert art books,kirby art books.And of cource the best thing of all most of the early Ditko books.

Frazetta FF covers hm