• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's special/unique about your collection?

76 posts in this topic

What's special to me is that I still have a good number of books I bought as a youngster, maybe not off the rack but maybe out of the Great Escapes excellent .25 boxes at the time ( late 70's)

The fact is that my ill mother, found the strength many times to drive me to downtown Nashville so that she could buy me several dollars worth of books that would occupy me for Sunday afternoons and evenings. ( If I wasn't reading them, I was cataloging them or looking thru the ads or practicing my poor art skills from them. )

These books mean alot more to me now than they did 15 years ago when some of them were sold.

I am sure I could have found some trouble to get into given the situation and economics of the time but I was content to enjoy the comics and things I did have.

Wow what a great story!! and in my humble opinion your love for the medium is the best aspect of this Hobby! People like you who love comics for the pure love of them, and the connection to our youth and the fond memories they bring us!

This all gets lost too often in the financial apects and absolute perfection requirements of grade we get caught up in.

Your Mom sounds like a wonderfull Person and I hope she is still with you..

I have a NM ASM #64 that someone, somewhere bought off of the stands...unless it came from the Mile High 2 collection. Either way, super unique!

(shrug) it is not based on a series or a character or an age or number of pages but soley by the cover artist. He is the one I most treasured as a kid and now, thanks to the CGC format, he is the one I collect.

his work is special to me.

I like Turtles.

see, that's my problem and joy.

I like Turtles and Spiders and Bunnies and Groos and Nexi (plural of Nexus) and Ducks and a Moores and Millers and .....

I like Turtles.

I like Turtles and Spiders and Bunnies and Groos and Nexi (plural of Nexus) and Ducks and a Moores and Millers and .....

I like covers with babes tied up.

I like Turtles.

I like covers with babes tied up.

(thumbs u

I have a slightly different favorite. I like damsels in distress, with the hero attempting to save the day. Most of the time, bondage fits that niche perfectly.