• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's special/unique about your collection?

76 posts in this topic

The unique thing that I'm pretty sure that mine the only sizable collection in the country hm

Hail the Comic Book Prince of Belgium! (worship)

Seriously, that's cool.

It would have been cooler if I hadn't made a grammatical mistake doh!

My collection mirrors me.Always going in a 100 different directions.I have Frazetta ff covers,precde horror,Baker art books,Kubert art books,kirby art books.And of cource the best thing of all most of the early Ditko books.

To say your collecting focus isn't so focused, well, yeah. Dennis has a hodgepodge of great books all of which he will give to me...look deep into the pattern...must give...books...to DT...for $1.00 each...must obey

hypnosis.gif

I gotta agree, Dennis has a cool collection. The fact that they are just as organized as my collection (HA!) makes it that much more fun looking through it. Kinda like a grab bag, HOS 92 lying on top of SA Marvels, Ditko's 1st artwork nestled between copies Charlton's The Thing, sweet OO SA DC runs, etc. You never know what killer book you'll bump into next. Another bonus is that being raw I could actually flip through and check out all the great stories and interior artwork that most never get to read. Book me for another tour soon, Dennis!

The unique thing that I'm pretty sure that mine the only sizable collection in the country hm

Hail the Comic Book Prince of Belgium! (worship)

Seriously, that's cool.

It would have been cooler if I hadn't made a grammatical mistake doh!

Me flunk english? That are unpossible.

My collection mirrors me.Always going in a 100 different directions.I have Frazetta ff covers,precde horror,Baker art books,Kubert art books,kirby art books.And of cource the best thing of all most of the early Ditko books.

To say your collecting focus isn't so focused, well, yeah. Dennis has a hodgepodge of great books all of which he will give to me...look deep into the pattern...must give...books...to DT...for $1.00 each...must obey

hypnosis.gif

I gotta agree, Dennis has a cool collection. The fact that they are just as organized as my collection (HA!) makes it that much more fun looking through it. Kinda like a grab bag, HOS 92 lying on top of SA Marvels, Ditko's 1st artwork nestled between copies Charlton's The Thing, sweet OO SA DC runs, etc. You never know what killer book you'll bump into next. Another bonus is that being raw I could actually flip through and check out all the great stories and interior artwork that most never get to read. Book me for another tour soon, Dennis!

And that was only store stock and the first 2 boxes.Looking forward to seeing you again.Hope its soon.

Dennis

So what's the one thing that makes your collection stand out, unique, or special?

I have a few interesting modern comics in my collection. They're not much but I like them. :)

Signed Treehouse of Horror.

661351-TreehouseOfHorror1signed.JPG

Pre-Production File copies of Chronicles #1, Meridian #1, Ruse #1, Scion #1, and Sigil #1.

705791-CrossGenChronicles1preproduction_ebay725964254.jpg

Some people have a lot of comics, others have a tiny niche, while still others have wicked bad rooms with lights and mirrors. So what's the one thing that makes your collection stand out, unique, or special?

It sucks ! .... (shrug)

Some people have a lot of comics, others have a tiny niche, while still others have wicked bad rooms with lights and mirrors. So what's the one thing that makes your collection stand out, unique, or special?

It sucks ! .... (shrug)

That's not special or unique. Mine sucks pretty hard, too. doh!

I like to that that what makes my collection stand out is it's range and diversity...I've got my "off-the-stand" books from childhood , roughly '68 - '78, I've got BLB's, pulps, original art, PA, GA, SA, BA, CA, MA, posters...basically a little bit o' everything...

If anything...it's special to me... :cloud9: