• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post your favorite Damsel in Distress covers!

75 posts in this topic

In the last few weeks, I've been trying to narrow down my want list so I can streamline my collection and focus on those books I really want. One of the things I realized is that, as a kid, my favorite covers were those with a damsel in distress. And it was even better if the hero was throwing himself into the fight and trying to save the day (the fact that I read sword and sorcery books, which meant the girls were scantily clad, had nothing to do with it :whistle: ).

Today I start cataloging what I already have, so I pulled a few of my easy to reach damsel in distress covers and scanned 'em. I'd love to see your damsel in distress covers, and hopefully add some new issues to my growing want list. So show 'em if you got 'em. (thumbs u

67776.jpg.8247acf4c7f84aebb2f877d6d55184aa.jpg

67777.jpg.464d434f6856bc6e1f56aad41c371f3d.jpg

67778.jpg.35c52c42a0b59fe26af7c2ae7aa56870.jpg

Some of my faves that I own...my favorites are the "girl in the glass tube" covers...something beautiful about those.

th_RangersComics267_5.jpg

th_20080116-lucy-pinder-nuts.jpg

th_MarvelMysteryComics4CGC9_0Rmylite2.jpg

th_MarvelMysteryComics-5-CGC-40-DET.jpg

th_DaringComics35_0oww.jpg

th_MysteryMenComics3gvg.jpg

...my favorites are the "girl in the glass tube" covers...something beautiful about those.

Absolutely. (thumbs u

This is one of my favorite Planet covers. I'll upgrade this copy someday.

planet56vi1.th.jpg

Another cover I dig is Jumbo 145. That chain shadow is some inspired coloring. The Fiction House colorists knew what they were doing.

jumbo145an5.th.jpg

...my favorites are the "girl in the glass tube" covers...something beautiful about those.

Couldn't agree more.

I'd also add "terrorized by giant insects" or "Shrunken and terrorized by normal sized insects which in retrospect now appear giant" (is that to much of a niche?)

Here are two of my favorites:

Science Fiction Age magazine (don't have a printed version, so the original will have to do)

Black Cat Mystery 31

67784.jpg.5b929caada38ef357f70d823a02ac53c.jpg

67785.jpg.67aa9704a52d56f94b2637be62f2a0f6.jpg