• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post your favorite Damsel in Distress covers!

75 posts in this topic

Another cover I dig is Jumbo 145. That chain shadow is some inspired coloring. The Fiction House colorists knew what they were doing.

jumbo145an5.th.jpg

The Fiction House colorists had to know what they were doing, they only had 3 colors to work with!

lol

Seriously, that is some beautiful chain shadow coloring! Thanks for bringing that to my attention!

Some of my faves that I own...my favorites are the "girl in the glass tube" covers...something beautiful about those.

th_RangersComics267_5.jpg

th_20080116-lucy-pinder-nuts.jpg

th_MarvelMysteryComics4CGC9_0Rmylite2.jpg

th_MarvelMysteryComics-5-CGC-40-DET.jpg

th_DaringComics35_0oww.jpg

th_MysteryMenComics3gvg.jpg

I like those books Roy..whats that second one? (thumbs u

...it's the latest thing...a fantasy book...called "Mid-summer night's day dream" or something like that...

hm

...someone I have really come to appreciate in my later years is Gil Kane. For some reason I never fully appreciated his work when I was younger. The guy is a master, not only of the nasal upshot (I still chuckle every time I think about it) but truly good at drawing women. His woman are always gorgeous.

A few signs of a great artist that I watch out for is how they draw hands, how they draw woman and how they do layouts. For me Gil Kane is right up there with the best of them.

R.