• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mike's Golden Age Comics ?

15 posts in this topic

Is this guy one of you? ....or has anyone ever bought from him before? I've ran across a few of his auctions now with books I was considering.....but I get nervous on ebay books over $500.....unless I've dealt with the guy before.

One thing is that none of his auctions are really auctions.....they are "buy it now" sales.

I've seen his books on ebay for years and years, but never purchased. Prices are indeed a bit on the high side, but he does provide large scans which is nice.

FWIW, I sold him a GA book last summer, and it was a smooth transaction.

I've probably bought 2 or 3 books from him off eBay over the years and never had a problem IIRC. Transactions were for low $$ items though.
Ditto. One purchase in 2004 IIRC, low $ but no problems.

I have always liked the fact that he was a run builder... he has offered complete runs of Superman and Batman, etc, for sale on ebay... has a lot of keys (like that Whiz 1 that he lists every month)... but, I have found the books to be generally very low grade and overpriced comparatively speaking...though, I suspect he is completely legit!

Thanks for the input guys. I usually avoid "Buy it Now" auctions unless they are $50 or less ......but if its a book I want.....I still give it a good look.

"Mike" has 2 Plas #1's up for sale at the moment.....and the other one is even more $$$. I must admit, I don't know the history of "Rockford Pedigree".....I thought pedigree books were always super high grade NM stuff.

This one is only a FINE.

Thanks for the input guys. I usually avoid "Buy it Now" auctions unless they are $50 or less ......but if its a book I want.....I still give it a good look.

"Mike" has 2 Plas #1's up for sale at the moment.....and the other one is even more $$$. I must admit, I don't know the history of "Rockford Pedigree".....I thought pedigree books were always super high grade NM stuff.

This one is only a FINE.

not all...the rockford ped is pretty well defined...I have several in the fn to vf range... often noted by that little stamp on the FC

2 years ago i made an odd trade with him. I traded coverless copies of AF #15, ASM #1, Showcase #1, Incomplete Captain Marvel Adventures #1 for a Coverless copy of Batman #1. I sent him all of my books, he didn't rip me off, he didn't steal them, he made the trade as agreed and personally, I liked doing business with him.

He's been around for years and years, he's bought a number of books from me, and he's bid against me, and won MANY times.

He consistently overpays for low grade books when he wants them, that's probaby why the prices he sells them at are high, but I've never had a problem with him, when he bought from me, very nice and he paid:)

He's been around for years and years, he's bought a number of books from me, and he's bid against me, and won MANY times.

He consistently overpays for low grade books when he wants them, that's probaby why the prices he sells them at are high, but I've never had a problem with him, when he bought from me, very nice and he paid:)

(thumbs u