• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pontoon's Pooped Boston ComicCon Report

36 posts in this topic

Additional thoughts:

I also ran into DNAgent and his lovely gal, and saw MikeH walking the floor. Missed Toro and I don’t know, anybody else?

I lot of you guys have probably met him, but Bernie was as nice as can be, and did indeed look really young.

Dinner was probably the most intimate of all forum dinners, but another good time. Luckily, CKB managed to keep his glass upright and on the table this time.

Additional thoughts:

I also ran into DNAgent and his lovely gal, and saw MikeH walking the floor. Missed Toro and I don’t know, anybody else?

I lot of you guys have probably met him, but Bernie was as nice as can be, and did indeed look really young.

Dinner was probably the most intimate of all forum dinners, but another good time. Luckily, CKB managed to keep his glass upright and on the table this time.

:o I knew that bath I took at Legal last time would somehow get pinned on me eventually. I can't even remember who actually spilled it. hm Maybe it was me!

Thanks for the great report, Rich! Great meeting toro as well. I was busy open to close, as he noted.

Had a great meal with Ted from Superworld, who has a wealth of information and stories to share built through long experience in the business. And Andy (GA collectibles) and Rich were there too. :baiting:

After I got home and made an assessment of how I did at the show, it was my best Boston show by far. Big kudos to the promoters who really, really got a lot of people who were spending money into the room. I have to believe that attendance broke the previous high by a comfortable margin.

If there is a troubled economy, I am certainly not seeing it at this show.

GAC-1.jpg

You can see I had a display of Buck Biggins pins on my table, the first pic actually shows someone looking at them! (It wasn't staged Buck, really!) Sold a few to boot!

Nice talking to Pontoon, nik, toro, mike h, ckb I saw drummy but didn't get to speak with him, DNAgent and wife, and good to see Bob Storms back in Boston!

I posted a small review in the Events Forum as well...

Indeed, great report!

I was there with Mike Shuley for about an hour and a half...finished off an old deal with Ted VanLiew, chatted with Nik (saw him pulling books from Ted, including that Monsters on the Prowl black-cover frame bronzoid), bought 5 more Toon Tumblers from Paul's henchman (Thor, X-Men, Dr. Strange, Hulk, and Dark Phoenix, completing my Marvel collection), and arranged to sell Ted a few OA pages later this fall. Blazing Bob and I exchanged pleasantries even though he's mad at me for moving out of books and into OA. :kidaround:

Also got a great black Batman T-shirt and a Spider-Man toy for my daughter JJ! :acclaim:

Then Mike and I went out for an early dinner at Finz (seafood) in Dedham. Had an AWESOME day. :cloud9:

Dan