• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Goon appreciation thread :)
5 5

1,060 posts in this topic

That inaccuracy caught my eye when I read the description as well.... then again, expecting all ebay comic sellers to be aware of the actual release dates for the comics they are trying to sell might be a little unrealistic....

(EDIT - read the above comment with the intended heavy sarcasm)

the description is wrong by stating it predates Avatar Illustrated by a few months. Dreamwalker #0 was in November of 98, Avt ILL Sum 98 was June 98
Edited by usagigoya

This is probably way late, BUT the wife and I were watching Stephen King's "The Mist" tonight and I couldn't help but notice that when they go into the pharmacy the spinner rack where he grabs the comics for his son is full of BPRB and Goon comics.

Good catch. Frank Darabont is a huge GOON fan. I've talked to him about it at SDCC (where he's bought original art from Powell).

GOON also shows up in SUPERBAD. Check out the scenes in Michael Cera's room...there are a couple of posters in the background on the walls.

This is probably way late, BUT the wife and I were watching Stephen King's "The Mist" tonight and I couldn't help but notice that when they go into the pharmacy the spinner rack where he grabs the comics for his son is full of BPRB and Goon comics.

Good catch. Frank Darabont is a huge GOON fan. I've talked to him about it at SDCC (where he's bought original art from Powell).

GOON also shows up in SUPERBAD. Check out the scenes in Michael Cera's room...there are a couple of posters in the background on the walls.

The wiki site about The Goon mentions both these movie scenes. Someone posted it quite a while ago.

And I'm thrilled he is handling the Walking Dead series for AMC :headbang:

Wow, wasn't aware of this, very kewl!!

Having known Stephen King's assistant for nearly 13 yrs now, years ago we went to King's office in Maine, and Stephen had Frank's director's chair sitting right there. Unfortunately Stephen was out of the office at the time. Needless to say it was all I could do from raiding the office of the limited signed books. lol

Edited by cujobyte

Wow, wasn't aware of this, very kewl!!

Having known Stephen King's assistant for nearly 13 yrs now, years ago we went to King's office in Maine, and Stephen had Frank's director's chair sitting right there. Unfortunately Stephen was out of the office at the time. Needless to say it was all I could do from raiding the office of the limited signed books. lol

We need to work on you getting a signing with Mr. King........ :baiting:

(As a witness, I would be more than happy to make the trip as well) :whistle:

Quick Goon question for the group....

Does anyone know if the Goon appeared at all in Avatar Illustrated in the 1999 issue?

Not talking about the 1998 first appearance issue, the 1999 issue.

I saw this on Ebay and the seller mentions Goon in the title and in the description, but it's not on the label and I had not heard of the 1999 issue as being an appearance.

31256079268329.jpg