• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

And the reserves are in!

115 posts in this topic

Not sure if anyone on these boads collects or follows fine art, but that market has been gettting CRUSHED! There were 3 auctions this week and every piece I was watching sold for 50% below the the low end of the estimate.

There's an ongoing thread about it in the Water Cooler:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2709518#Post2709518

Feel free to join in on the fun! :P

Why the Heritage hate?

My experience is limited. I've won a single auction but they shipped quickly, the art was as advertised, I was happy. If there were crooks involved, they did all right by me.

But I do have a question: We all know that eBay sellers have their shills. Is there similar shilling done on Heritage auctions or the ComicLink auctions?

Why the Heritage hate?

My experience is limited. I've won a single auction but they shipped quickly, the art was as advertised, I was happy. If there were crooks involved, they did all right by me.

But I do have a question: We all know that eBay sellers have their shills. Is there similar shilling done on Heritage auctions or the ComicLink auctions?

I don't really hate them. The "alleged" (or was it convicted, not sure) former crook thing is just fact.

I've only bought one item from them and it sat in their office for three months unshipped. To their credit once I pointed that out they did overnight it out. I would buy from them again, but I do have my doubts about their business practices.

Not sure if anyone on these boads collects or follows fine art, but that market has been gettting CRUSHED! There were 3 auctions this week and every piece I was watching sold for 50% below the the low end of the estimate.

Really? Wow, I didn't know that!

If only someone on these boards would post the results of every high-profile art auction failure!

lol

There are alot of strong prices as I watch it go by on the computer. A Hogarth Tarzan Sunday for 17kish...! Wow. The Fines were fine indeed. But the Peanuts went for peanuts... actually they did well (especially with so many auctioned at once) but it seemed to me that the prices were a bit weak compared to several months ago. There was even a decent Snoopy and CB example for about $7700 which seems like so 2 years ago. The Schomburg passed, one of the Feldsteins passed, but at 36k I was a bit suprised even one sold....DF

I admit I was very hesitant to participate in this auction due to the uncertainties of the economy, and decided to stay on the sidelines and see what would happen. The fact that even though there was some great art being offered, nothing was a must have for me. I must say, I thought prices were quite strong. I tracked about 80 pieces, and everything I watched was solid. So what are the thought of all the 'bulls' and 'bears' on the list? This was a major test in my mind, and it appears the 'bulls' are still in control!

By the way, did anybody who follows the comic book market come away with any opinions on that side of the street?

Scott Williams

By the way, did anybody who follows the comic book market come away with any opinions on that side of the street?

Comics did very well, particularly the really premium books.

Disney-related books were particularly strong and set records everywhere. WDC&S #1 in CGC 9.4 went for over $116K, FC 9 for over $30K, FC 16 over $60K and FC 29 almost $20K.

This auction was a HUGE SURPRISE to me. Can you believe it? The quality material -ACROSS THE BOARD- actually sold for more than similar pieces have ever sold for in the past. This includes comics and comic art.

As it ALWAYS has. It's amazing, history repeating itself. Who'd a thunk?

I look forward to reading the next post about how some ridiculously over-estimated/over-reserved, hideous piece of modern art failed to sell for $47million, or whatever. As though that's some sort of indicator as to why a $20K Kirby page should sell for $10K now. :blahblah:

Makes sense to me!

(thumbs u