• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hey There

84 posts in this topic

Hey everybody.

I'm new to the boards and thought I'd introduce myself before posting replies to your threads.

I'm Gav from Wolverhampton, England. I've recently started collecting comics again after a 10 year hiatus when an ex-girlfriend of mine threw all of my comics in the bin. Yep, all of them! I was gutted and gave up completely as I could never afford to replace what I had.

My collection consisted mainly of Bat titles (Batman, Tec, SOTB, LOTDK and God knows how many one-shots, mini's and maxi's) and related titles such as Nightwing, Hitman and Azrael. I also had a complete Spawn run, Preacher, Goddess and so on.

So when I landed a well paid job a few months ago, and with my urge to buy comics rekindled by The Dark Knight movie, I jumped onto Ebay and started buying again with gusto. I went mainly for cheap bulk lots at first, but then the bug really kicked in and I bought one of my most desired comics - Batman #608 RRP CGC 9.4 for $720. It went on from there with a couple of Sig Series, and i've just submitted my first bunch of comics to CGC for grading.

If anyone is interested as to how my collection looks after 4 months of frantic buying I'll post a link gladly.

Anyway, nice to meet you all, catch you round soon!

Gav.

OK, here's a small amount of photos I've managed to take so far, (2 kids keep me really busy outside of work!)

Photos

And a complete list of books I own at the moment...

List of books. There are a few more I've bought since that was posted, and I've another 80 Detective from SA onwards to come yet.

There are a few more I've bought since that was posted, and I've another 80 Detective from SA onwards to come yet.

I wonder where they're coming from... hm

hm hm hm

Alright, Gav! :hi:

Would that be Nick by any chance?!

How's it going mate! I didn't expect to bump to someone I knew so quickly!

I mailed you about the other Bat's and Tec's earlier mate, I'll take the lot. Oh yeah people, Nick provides a top quality sales service. I bought a beautiful Batman #171 from him recently which will be on it's way to CGC real soon, along with a solid grade Batman #95, also from Nick :grin:

How's it going mate! I didn't expect to bump to someone I knew so quickly!

I mailed you about the other Bat's and Tec's earlier mate, I'll take the lot. Oh yeah people, Nick provides a top quality sales service. I bought a beautiful Batman #171 from him recently which will be on it's way to CGC real soon, along with a solid grade Batman #95, also from Nick :grin:

Cheers, mate! (thumbs u