• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WIZARD WORLD TEXAS Report!

185 posts in this topic

Next stop was Steven Ritter's books after walking the aisles making some quick observations. Chatted with Steven awhile. Very personable fellow who i will do more business with in the future. Met Bill (ciorac) for the first time and also Matt Nelson. Have been talking to Matt for awhile now but this was the first time to meet him. He had some books ready for me and was happy to see them. They are all in CGC's hands right now thanks to Mr. Litch. Thanks for the help with the submissions Paul.

There was one dealer who had three short boxes sitting on a very unstable card table. I started looking at the books and was blown away by their condition. He told me that they were all found in the back of an old antique store and were of File copy condition. He got them cheap and was passing on the savings. I won't say what I paid, but what one of the books lists for in 9.2 OPG, I bought all 6 books. Probably the best deal EVER that I have received when buying comics. I am still stoked about what I picked up. I will post them at the bottom.

Dinner that night was a blast. Hanging out with Roger, Sean, John, Kenny, Jeff, Don, Matt, Bill and yes, even Hooks. Frank Cho also showed up which was a pleasant surprise. John passed around his numerous portfolios of original artwork. Really gorgeous stuff. I must admit the original art bug was trying to take a bite out of me that night. Jeff showed us his additions to his Marvel Value Stamp art project, and various gorgeous books were passed around for all to see. Bill had a few more choice copies that he let me hold. I won't disclose what they were due to protecting his privacy, but they were the first ones of their kind that I had ever personally held. Thanks Bill!

It was a long day for me, but all in all I had a truly great time. I actually picked up some books at the show that I am really proud of. That hasn't happened to me at a show in years. I feel that the selection available was deeper than in previous years. I hope the trend continues. It was great seeing everyone again and I will have to say that you are all class individuals. :foryou:

Here is one of the books from the antigue store find.

The yellow on the cover is blinding. The book appears to be unread.

LilBadWolf2.jpg

Alex Toth art in this one. Look at that black cover. I have wanted this book for awhile because Walter Brennan always reminded of my late grandfather. Sweet copy.

RealMcCoys2.jpg

Another antigue store copy.

RockyFC1166.jpg

And another. Absolutely gorgeous book.

RockyFC1208.jpg

Another stunning book. This one is a 1st issue too! :o

Bullwinkle1.jpg

A beautiful NM copy.....another 1st issue!!!! This one will be high census whenever I submit it!

MrEd1.jpg

Picked this one up from Roger (Weird Paper) Thanks Rog.

SOTI book with 2 illustrations used...... "Indeed" and "Sex and Blood"

WeirdMysteries7.jpg

Last but not least, I did not expect to find this of all books. I have been looking for a copy for about the past year. Luckily, Steven Rtter had a high grade copy that was a Ped to boot. Me being a pre-code ped ho', I jumped all over it. Nice pages, great color, PBF photo, bullet exiting, bondage cover. Love this freaking book.

OnTheSpot.1.jpg

OnTheSpot.2.jpg

Thanks for letting me ramble/share.

Scott

I didn't take many pictures as I was busy working the booth for Matt and Steve. But here are a couple anyway.

Scott Adsit from 30 Rock hung out at our booth for a while, until he started getting inundated by interview requests, and fans.

Very cool guy

IMG00061.jpg

The facial expression on the girl in the background kind of makes this shot humorous

IMG00059.jpg

Another perspective

kindahot.jpg

My good friend Steve Ritter and his new employee Scott

IMG00055.jpg

Matt Nelson hard at work pre-screening comics

IMG00054.jpg

Here I am before I had enough coffee in me to be fully aware of my surroundings

IMG00057.jpg

Matt, Steve and I had a great show, and a good time was had by all :)

Had no idea you were in that booth! Talked to Steve for a bit, super nice guy, had no idea who I was and vice versa. That was the best booth at the show...just stunning books.

I was there pretty much all weekend. Wish we could have hooked up.
I hope you said that to the good looking female con goer you ooggled over ( I won't tell you know who :baiting: )

Has anyone ever dealt with Comic Supply, buying books or supplies. I notice their price on mylite 2's and backing boards ( combo packs ) are much cheaper that Bags Unlimited. They also have a big back issue sale going on right now. Wonder how close the grading is. Any feedback would be appreciated.

I was there pretty much all weekend. Wish we could have hooked up.
I hope you said that to the good looking female con goer you ooggled over ( I won't tell you know who :baiting: )

I think Bill was more taken with our hot lil' waitress at Saviano's that night. I know I was. :blush: