• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action #13 on ebay!

221 posts in this topic

That's an odd copy. That top yellow strip should be red, and the background of the ten cent price should also be red. I can understand how fading could bring the lettering in "Action Comics" from a deep blue to the light blue shown here, but does faded red become yellow??

That's an odd copy. That top yellow strip should be red, and the background of the ten cent price should also be red. I can understand how fading could bring the lettering in "Action Comics" from a deep blue to the light blue shown here, but does faded red become yellow??

When the wrong solvent is used, and it bleeds the red out, you can be left with yellow.

When the wrong solvent is used, and it bleeds the red out, you can be left with yellow.

So you're saying the book has had a solvent cleaning by an amateur?

that Action #12 looks nice as well, maybe a little too clean. gotta be restored ? hm

"as is" is alwasy a bad sign.

I would have liked the #12 but, i'm not much of a gambling man.

books should be sent to CGC before auctioning... the seller asked for suggestions, so I gave him one (thumbs u
:applause:

Any ideas who the collector was?

I have sent several follow up questions on the other books I am interested in (well, the 9, that is)...we'll see what kind of response I get (if any)...

Yes, and if you look at the back cover scan, it appears that there was some work done in the area of the top staple.
definitely some resto on many of the books (thumbs u