• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action #13 on ebay!

221 posts in this topic

Ahh I see it... Seems like it has some work done there too. If this book has had obvious restoration, odds are that the rest of em has some too.

Just playing devil's advocate, but not necessarily. Like any of us, the owner might have picked up a restored book along the way. Doesn't mean all the books are restored.

Ahh I see it... Seems like it has some work done there too. If this book has had obvious restoration, odds are that the rest of em has some too.

Just playing devil's advocate, but not necessarily. Like any of us, the owner might have picked up a restored book along the way. Doesn't mean all the books are restored.

agreed.

I cant see the reds on that 13 fading up top and not anywhere else due to solvents no matter how they were misused.

I think Mattbird was right and it was a printing defect. (does anyone know if this book displayed this flaw on other books in the run?)

I can't remember the specifics, but didn't this copy have an unusual printing defect?

Link

agreed.

I think the resto on the #9 is so bad and obvious that perhaps the person who did/had the work done opted to not continue with the other books.

Who knows, but the other Actions he has listed do not display this terrible black(marker) CT and photo copy piecefill.(although the #11 interior FC looks to have a tape stain)

Funny that he makes no mention of it in the auction description. Perhaps he has other CGC examples that show this work is not really considered resto.

:roflmao:

maybe Primetime or Great Escape still have a scan of that CGC 4.0 Action #13 they could post. although, I believe that copy's printing error was in the blue inks, not red.

Right you are Dude!, see what I get for posting while dashing out the door to pick up Ellen.

Regardless, it seems to be production related.

maybe Primetime or Great Escape still have a scan of that CGC 4.0 Action #13 they could post. although, I believe that copy's printing error was in the blue inks, not red.

Here's the scan, with the printing defect in the logo-- kinda looked like clouds :cloud9:. However, the top edge and 10c box were not affected like in the eBay copy (assuming printing defect vs. restoration)

423653418_1dcf30cb2d_b.jpg

GE

P.S. You guys are making me miss this book... :sorry:

Now that I see it on my large monitor, whats up with the top left corner? Is that a re-atached piece?..or even totally new paper? That white line just looks weird(and lack of a black line)

Stoopid low res scans. :pullhair:

interesting comparison between them. The same printing effect that faded out the blue plate on the CGC 4.0 seems to have happened on the red plate of this Ebay copy. Look on the top of the train. The red fades away starting there and is missing all the way above it. Except for the red box off the the right side.

But while it may not be damage due to a cleaning, if the CGC is a 4.0, THIS copy is a much lower grade in spite of its overall nice appearance. The spine seems split (or missing) at the top and maybe bottom too.

I agree it is probably tape/tape stain related, but that entire upper corner is just odd (especially that white line). I noticed he doesn't post an inside cover shot either.

Regardless, all this talk is kinda pointless unless somebody actually had the books in hand, and or the seller was willing to post more hi res photos or offer a return policy.

All things point to walking away.