• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gene Colan signing at Lee's Comics - Mountain View, CA on December 6, 2008

34 posts in this topic

I haven't been on in some time but I recall someone mentioning that there may be a Gene Colan signing coming up. Am I mistaken? And if I'm not mistaken, who is organizing it?

Signing Details:

LEE'S COMICS is proud to announce a signing with comic book legend GENE COLAN on Saturday, December 6, 2008 from 2PM - 4PM at their Mountain View store in Northern California.

LEE'S COMICS is Northern California's Leading Comic Book Dealer, with locations in Mountain View and San Mateo. See us in person, or shop online at our ebay store! We carry a full line of New Comics and Graphic Novels. We have an extensive selection of Rare Comics, and Back Issue Comics, including Golden Age Comics, Silver Age Comics, Bronze Age Comics, and more! Are you selling Comics? We buy old comic books! We carry a full range of comic book supplies including Comic Book Bags, Comic Book Backing Boards, Comic Book Boxes, and Comic Book Mylars.

Store Address - Mountain View location:

1020 N. Rengstorff Avenue, Suite F (by Costco)

Mountain View, CA 94043

http://www.lcomics.com/

Ugh. Am I the ONLY witness in California willing to travel anymore?!?! I guess I may be going to Northern California. :)

I sent a PM to Lee explaining the Signature Series program and asking if he'd be interested. I've also been in communication with the owner of Flying Colors about the Jeff Smith signing (no news yet on that, kids, I'll keep you informed) so it's starting to look like I need to book a ticket for that weekend. :)

When I hear from Lee and/or Flying Colors, I'll post again. If there's a Witness who lives in Northern California who is free on December 6th, please post here! :)

Joel

Hey Joel,

There is a CHANCE I may fly into Nor Cal. I have been in contact with Gene directly. It is unfortunate that due to his committed travel schedule he can not stop in Las Vegas. He did say he wanted to come in March when his new book releases. I should know in the next week of so. If I do come up to Nor Cal, I am working on getting some private time with Gene for signings.

And PAUL,, don't you dare pull my post. lol It is not an announcement, it is only a comment. lol

Chandler & Sharon Rice

Desert Wind Comics

Hey Joel,

There is a CHANCE I may fly into Nor Cal. I have been in contact with Gene directly. It is unfortunate that due to his committed travel schedule he can not stop in Las Vegas. He did say he wanted to come in March when his new book releases. I should know in the next week of so. If I do come up to Nor Cal, I am working on getting some private time with Gene for signings.

And PAUL,, don't you dare pull my post. lol It is not an announcement, it is only a comment. lol

Chandler & Sharon Rice

Desert Wind Comics

:wishluck:

That would be great, Chandler! IDW just announced a parking lot sale in my neck of the woods (San Diego) on the same day, with Templesmith, Chris Ryall and other IDW folk signing and cheap comics for sale (my favorite). Of course, after the Colan signing, I can think of 3 really big fans/forum members (at least) that would want you to drive over to Concord to get Jeff Smith's autograph. :) I'm in e-mail discussions with the shop owner, I'll let you (and everyone else) know how that turns out.

Joel

Desert Wind Comics is proud to announce that we will be at the Gene Colon signing at Lee's Comics in Northern California on Saturday, December 6th, 2008.

Please e-mail us at Desertwindcomics@hotmail.com for CGC Signature Series details on pricing. Please put in the subject line: Gene Colon signing.

We are excited to be working with CGC Witness Joel Elad on this signing and more details on other signings taking place at the same time in the Northern Cal area will be coming shortly.

Chandler & Sharon Rice

Desert Wind Comics

You can bring the books to the store and submit them with a CGC Witness at the signing. The Witness then submits the signed book to CGC.

VERY IMPORTANT..

Do NOT get the book signed without the Witness SEEING the book being signed. If the Witness did not ACTUALLY see the book get signed, then it can NOT be submitted for Signature Series Grading. That is CGC's rule.

Chandler & Sharon Rice

Desert Wind Comics

Just to make this clear: Please note that this particular Signature Series is a charity for Gene Colan at my store, that I am handling personally. I will be handling the signature series exclusively at this event. No other party has an agreement in place with me for access to Gene and the autographs. If you want the Gene Colan signature series for this event, you need to make arrangements with me.

Lee Hester

Lee's Comics

I just emailed Chandler is this ok? His post says to contact him...

Just want to clarify this for everyone:

This signing has been approved for Lee's Comics as a private Signature Series signing by CGC, even though this is a public event. As Lee has mentioned, all SS requests must go through him, with a portion of the fees charged going to Gene Colan's charity.

Anyone interested in getting books signed for SS at this event should contact Lee, including Witnesses.

Also, another friendly reminder, Witnesses must obtain authorization for public events (other than conventions where CGC is setup at) from CGC before they announce in this forum that they plan to attend them and accept submissions.

Make sure to let me know as well, so that I know that it has been approved, because I'm going to have to get more proactive about removing early announcements. I'm sometimes under the impression that things have been been already been approved when they in fact they haven't yet.

Get the approval first, make sure you've copied me, then announce.

Anyway, I'm sure this will all get worked out and that this will be a great signing. Gene and his wife are really nice and I'm glad to read he's in better health.

Thanks,

Kevin

Okay gang,

Here's the scoop. I just had a very nice conversation with Chandler Rice of Desert Wind Comics.

We worked out the details, and I am going to let him handle the all the Signature Series requests for this event at my store.

Gene will receive a payment for each signature from Chandler.

I figure that this will be the best way to handle things. Chandler has a lot more experience with this, and many more clients. It will be more beneficial for Gene. No need for me to re-invent the wheel here.

Please refer all inquiries to Chandler.

I'm very sorry for any confusion.

Regards,

Lee Hester

Lee's Comics

I'm glad to hear this has been worked out. I have received confirmation from Paul that CGC has been informed of the arrangement.

To clarify, this is still considered a private Signature Series event, except that now the coordination of requests for Signature Series has been granted by Lee's Comics to Chandler and Sharon Rice of Desert Wind Comics.

Contact info: e-mail Desertwindcomics@hotmail.com for details on pricing. Please put in the subject line: Gene Colon signing.