• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Remainder Timely book?

13 posts in this topic

Years ago I picked up a coverless book that consisted of all Timely's. There are 1 or 2 Captain American Stories and then the rest are Georgie and other teen stories. It is quit thick, guess it contians 10 or so stories. Wondering if anyone knew what this was. Also can anyone Id the Capt America/Golden Girl story. It has the two of them and I think the world and lots of space ships are flying around.

Thanks,

Bruce

Years ago I picked up a coverless book that consisted of all Timely's. There are 1 or 2 Captain American Stories and then the rest are Georgie and other teen stories. It is quit thick, guess it contians 10 or so stories. Wondering if anyone knew what this was. Also can anyone Id the Capt America/Golden Girl story. It has the two of them and I think the world and lots of space ships are flying around.

Thanks,

Bruce

Bruce, the Captain America / Golden Girl story is probably 3984 - Worlds at War from Captain America # 70 dated January 1949. I am attaching both the cover of the issue and the story's splash page. Is this it?

68603.jpg.db549626fc67bd36642f8492baf9813e.jpg

68604.jpg.b972f11e14ba080d3096d988b4c91a41.jpg

Thanks,

Bruce

What are the job-numbers on the Georgies? Assuming Scrooge solved the Cap problem. (The number located on the first page of each individual story) The story Scrooge posted is 3894 :gossip:

The story Scrooge posted is 3894 :gossip:

3984 :sumo: Look closely.

I noticed that too. But its not important so I didn't edit.

Oh yes, it matters. For example, AtlasTales has not yet indexed story Code 3894 you mention while 3984 has been. It's extremely important to indexers not to scramble the #s otherwise we end up with multiple entries with the same story code which is a big no no (tsk)

Ok, I dug out the book so I can give a better, and is seems more accurate descriptions.

Captain America- The Outcast of Time

Captain America- The Mystery of the deadly Dreams

Tessie The Typist- Auto Dealers Dilemma

Millie the Model- Arizona Adventure

Nellie the Nurse- Double Date Trouble

Millie the Model- Never the train Shall Meet

Lana- A weight problem

Tessie the Typist- Disguise the limit

Nelli the Nurse- Bathing Blues

Oscar- Winter Worries

Oscar- Wet Weather Woes

Frankie-Housing Headache

Oscar- Out of Odor

Patsy Walker- Don't spy on my heart

Miss America Romance-vacation from love

Patsy Walker- Patsy make her choice

Miss America Romance- Claire Kimberly's lost love

A few non-timely stories it seems, Romance storoies.

I set a trap for a wolf, but snared myself instead

Big city glmaour led me astry

I should have played hard to get, I didn't and he ran away

Everyone said I was wild

While going through the book I saw some canadian ads. I guess this is just something a canadian printer rebound. I just thought it was very interesting that almost all of the stories were Timely's. I would like to know which issue the caps came from though, if anyone can help. Oh, and it is in colour, it is not an annual.

Thanks