• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

By what percentage will the bad economy reduce your comic spending?

How much will you spend in next 12 months on comics versus last 12 months?  

162 members have voted

1. 1. How much will you spend in next 12 months on comics versus last 12 months?

30 posts in this topic

The main reason I will probably spend less in the current ways is due to the drop in value in the CAN$

But that will be offset some by spending more in ways that cut costs in spending those dollars (as in less spending in the US, more in Canada) and focusing on taking advantage of the economic upheaval to buy from people unloading books locally) I'm going to hit local sources for deals, both collectors and those selling books to drum up cash more than dealing with out of country sources.

I might even start selling for the first time in my life.

The main reason I will probably spend less in the current ways is due to the drop in value in the CAN$

But that will be offset some by spending more in ways that cut costs in spending those dollars (as in less spending in the US, more in Canada) and focusing on taking advantage of the economic upheaval to buy from people unloading books locally) I'm going to hit local sources for deals, both collectors and those selling books to drum up cash more than dealing with out of country sources.

Dude, $CAN dropped a record amount today.

BUY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sterling has plummeted against the dollar by 25%. So that much less spending power seems likely over the next 12 months.

But.....your inventory has maintained ir's value against the USD.... so if you sell books you can purchase more inventory, :banana: Si or No? (shrug)

I'm passing Heritage in November since the bids have already exceeded my limit. I believe I have bookmarked only 1 or 2 books with CL. The economy has reduced my interest to bid up for most everything.

Jay

Dude, $CAN dropped a record amount today.

BUY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dude, its more complex than just the CAN$ in relation the US$.

Every individual has a unique exposure to the current economic turmoil.

What is a good thing to do now may not be a good thing in a week or next spring or it may be a great move in retrospect at that time.

We probably need an unbiased MBA graduate just to make an educated guess as to what is the best overall financial decision in a time like this.

I want to buy books now but with dropping equity stock values I am also looking at what is the best hedge, cash or books, and if books which books.

Selling books that I don't want now, if they can get book value which lags market value and possibly avoid exchange drop might be a good idea short term. If there is a hedge in buying certain books I'll be more ready.

As a seller I can see why you recommend buying but it may not be the best choice for me.

Originally Posted By: Subliminal

We probable need an unbiased MBA graduate just to make an educated guess as to what is the best overall financial decision in a time like this.

I wouldn`t really put my trusts in MBA grads. think about it, all these so called MBA grad big shots run Wall Street and Washington DC and look at the mess they got the USA in. I will pass. ;)

Not all them do (worship) and I would want their opinion for their broad opinions on the current fluctuating economy and not just the narrow field of funny book collectibles.

I am aware that they might have biases like us who collect books but their opinions still count in my decisions and my choices will be all my own.