• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My brief National report with pics

88 posts in this topic

Hello,

This is my rather some what brief report of my day at the National. I left Saturday morning with no real buying plan in mind. The weather was dreadful; pea soup fog and a steady rain. And traffic in the city adequately reflected the weather. That being said, I arrived in one piece a half hour before the official opening and thankfully was able to get right in. No line and only a little wait.

nycnational08001.jpg

After handing in my advanced ticket, I bounded up the escalator (there was nothing to see on the first floor), said a quick hello to Paul (silverandbronze) (hope you feel better soon, Paul!!!! :wishluck: :wishluck: ) and ran into Danny (MK) at the CGC booth as he was preparing to witness some sigs. Chatted with him for a while and then we scoped some of the show as he told me who he was going to witness (John Romita (worship) ) Danny was a very lucky guy. While Danny went to work, yes you read that right :kidaround:, I scoped out more of the show. Here are some of the pics.

Here is a shot of Metropolis. I said a quick hello to Frank but didn't stop by. I knew if I did my wallet would be several hundred $$$ lighter. lol

nycnational08003.jpg

nycnational08004.jpg

Then I ran into Bob.....

nycnational08005.jpg

And after a hand shake and looking at is great wall books, I bought this...

champ7.jpg

I walked around a bit more and ran into a bunch of forumites including Andrew (GACollectibles), Brian (FoolKiller), Jeff (Hotflips) his brother and dad, Pat (Resurrection). I chatted with all of them for a while and continued to make my way thru the show.

I ran into Nik and walked the show with him for a while when we noticed this guy. YES, he is wearing his underwear on the outside of his pants...

nycnational08008.jpg

Harley was at the show as well. What show doesn't he do....

nycnational08006.jpg

We went back to Bob's booth to meet up with everyone for lunch. I also ran into John(Spiderman-on-tilt) who was working Bob's booth.

nycnational08007.jpg

About then both Jim's showed up (CGCworld and Doc Watson) and we all said our hello's. It was very nice to finally meet Doc after chatting on the boards so much. With everyone in tow, we made our way outside. Seeing a stormtroper and an excellent photo op, I managed to take this.....

nycnational08009.jpg

Yes everyone that is Foolkiller behind CGCworld. And yes he is a lawyer.

After a shortwalk to Virgil's BBQ, we gathered around our table and did what most comic geeks do, we talked comics. Taked about the boards, CGC, and even pressing. It was a very enlightening converstion. I realized that I am really out of the loop. Lunch was fantastic, After an assortment of appetizers, I snacked on an awesome pulled pork sandwhich. :cloud9:

Here is how we all looked after our meal.

nycnational08010.jpg

Doc Watson, CGCWorld and Nik

nycnational08011.jpg

The Resurrection, Delekeste (yes, it is not spelled right) and Hari Nadu

nycnational08012.jpg

Our resident Signature Series Witness. After hanging out with John Romita and others, he was too good to show his face. :baiting:

nycnational08013.jpg

FoolKiller and Dem1138

We returned to the show were I also picked up this guy....

xann97.jpg

Did I mention that it was ing hot on the convention floor. It was a sauna. So much so I ended my day short.

All in all it was not a great show but I got to hang with some great guys. (thumbs u

Oh and I also saw her......

nycnational08014.jpg

I suddenly felt the need to sell my x-books and start a Daredevil run. (:

:acclaim:

Home at last :cloud9:

Great show once again for me, although I did not buy alot this time because it was hot as hell in that building :cry:

Hanging with my fellow forumites and having lunch was da bomb and alone worth the 3+ hour trek.

Did manage to scoop up some pretty sweet books though, especially a couple from good ole Dave Kapelka.

Great show once again for me, although I did not buy alot this time because it was hot as hell in that building :cry:

Hanging with my fellow forumites and having lunch was da bomb and alone worth the 3+ hour trek.

Did manage to scoop up some pretty sweet books though, especially a couple from good ole Dave Kapelka.

Post them, now

Good seeing you, Nik. :headbang:

Wow, you got home the same time as me and im in brooklyn. well i had dinner and a few beers with an old friend who came back to visit this weekend which is why i just got home. :insane:

It was good seeing you guys and i had a great time shooting the breeze with all of you. I got another day to look forward to, hopefully it wont as hot.

Jeff

Casey it was great as usual talking with you. The forum lunch was a great time as all forum get togethers are. NIK is definately one of the coolest guys to hang out with anytime. Jim CGCWorld is a friend that I always look forward to seeing, the guy is 100% my favorite Canadian. It was great seeing Doc Watson in the city for sure! The guy really is hilarious (even if he is picking on you). And the rest of the members are always a great bunch.

And Jeff from Hotflips....

What'up PUNK!!!!!!!