• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week in Your Bronze Age Collection!!
35 35

6,942 posts in this topic

I haven't had time to scan the piles of Archies and non-spandex stuff I've found the last 4-5 months, but I thought this warranted a few minutes.

Went to a store to deliver some 'Toon TumblersR, and found this in a long box of nasty BA stuff. That it survived w/out foxing, staining, or too much wear and tear is amazing. Sadly, this counts as truly HG for Charlton animated books from this time, and may be one of the nicest copies out there. I was pretty psyched to find it. Good gloss, very white, and very solid. Don't see this book in any shape very often.

IMG_0001-36.jpg

I'm going to take some liberties here, since I'm going through boxes of books I haven't seen since I bought them during the last show season

From a $2 box at C2E2--can't wait to see this dealer again. 9.4 and 9.2, respectively.

IMG_0001-37.jpg

This one would be an instant lawsuit today. Just shows you how little respect Star Trek got even in the mid-1970's.

IMG_0002-33.jpg

Edited by silverandbronze

Nice! I've been looking for a copy of #17 but keep getting better deals on others instead. I never liked Invaders before this year but the covers have really been growing on me lately and i've been getting ones i can find a decent deal on. I have a #1 and a #32 on the way and then a #17 should be next on my list.

Nice! I've been looking for a copy of #17 but keep getting better deals on others instead. I never liked Invaders before this year but the covers have really been growing on me lately and i've been getting ones i can find a decent deal on. I have a #1 and a #32 on the way and then a #17 should be next on my list.

Careful ... they DO grow on you. :o Of course, there are more than several Boardies out there who are not Frank Robbins fans (understatement). A little edgy for some. I'm a huge fan of Roy Thomas and his stories (the Avengers Kree-Skrull wars and bringing the Vision into the picture based on earlier story lines - Wonderman, Ultron 5/6). And then Roy launched The Invaders retro-ing back to the GA and bringing back the other long forgotten superheroes. As some Boardies know, I'm working on my second Invaders set in SS. :tonofbricks:

Enjoy the collecting! :)

Seems the Invaders are only around in midgrade or super high grade. I havent spent alot of time looking but most i've seen are either in the 8's(which is lower than i want) or 9.6-9.8 which usually go for more than i wanna spend on them.

Haven't seen many of them in 9.2-9.4 at reasonable prices or i would have gotten alot more of the run in the last few months. They are addictive!