• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week in Your Bronze Age Collection!!
35 35

6,934 posts in this topic

Laughing and nice books Shane!

You gotta save some ching ching for my books to buy! :-)

Steve

That hasn't been a problem lately.....if only you had a 10.0 copy of Barbie from 1991 we could do so serious business doh!

:whistle:

Old label goodness on all but 1 of those. Nice books! Love me some Bats. That 245 looks very nice for an 8.5, did you call for graders notes? I wonder what it is keeping it from a higher grade....?

Yes, you can call CGC and ask for graders notes. They will tell you what defects the books have and what each of the 3 graders graded the book at.

The spine looks very nice on that 245. It's a very tough book to find in high grade especially in 9.2 and above.

You don't have to answer, but did you get them in an auction?

Welcome to the boards, by the way. (thumbs u

You don't have to answer, but did you get them in an auction?

Yep. And I knew I was overpaying (wife is gonna kill me), but I really want them. These were pretty much my very first books that my dad got me when I was a kid.

I kinda figured most books with black or darkly colored covers would be hard to find in top grades. Any defect shows up like a beacon. This is the same problem with PSA graded baseball or football cards, of which I have more experience with.