• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week in Your Bronze Age Collection!!
35 35

6,923 posts in this topic

just got Marvel Team-Up 25 and 62 for £1, 25 is a 25cents copy but 62 is a English 12p copy, anyone know how rare these can be copared to the US version??

photodgs.jpg

there is no premium attached to pence priced copies (and, in fact, some feel they should be worth less), although I'd guess they're probably 1/25th as common as cents versions (just a random number...I'm assuming per capita U.S. comic consumption in the UK is less than in the USA/Canada). think of it this way: they're not at all uncommon in the U.K. and there are plenty of comic collectors over there in a country about 1/6th the size of the U.S. so, in other words...plenty of copies.

with that said, i buy them when i see them in the cheap-o boxes even when they might not be in a condition i would normally buy them in. they still feel novel to me after all these years.

with that said, i buy them when i see them in the cheap-o boxes...

Is there anything you don't buy out of the cheap-o boxes? :baiting:

yes. at some point i run out of money. lately that point has come earlier and earlier in the buying process.

i'm not into classics illustrated junior, or at least later ones.

99% of anything from 1982 - 1997 or so I stay away from. 97% from 1998 - 2001. 90-95% from 2002 - present.

and yeah, there's other stuff. in more recent years i have become more grade conscious, particularly if i'm potentially buying a dupe. one of my LCS has a ton of BA books sitting in the cheap-o right now, but I have like 5 nice copies of each of them and they're mostly around Fines so I'm taking a pass.

one of my LCS has a ton of BA books sitting in the cheap-o right now, but I have like 5 nice copies of each of them and they're mostly around Fines so I'm taking a pass.

Intriguing... what LCS is that? hm I hardly know any here that stock back issues anymore.

Nice. I wasn't too crazy about that auction, didn't have that deep of a selection.

+1

There were a couple nice Avengers though that i needed. Since they didnt have reserves and i actually had a chance to win them unlike the last 4 Pedigree auctions i bid in, i decided to lift my Pedigree auction boycott (thumbs u

More Adams Bats for the belfry.

Not the highest of grades, but it's the highest I've been able to find for this particular book.

detective_404.jpg

A nice raw copy I picked up at a local comic shop for $8.00.

detective_409.jpg

I bought my first CGC 9.8 book! Pretty crazy that i have been buying for over 20 years and I didnt have a 9.8 graded book.

This was the first X Men comic I bought as a kid! Always liked this cover! Now will the 9.8 bug bite me??? lol

Xmen149.gif[/img]

I bought my first CGC 9.8 book! Pretty crazy that i have been buying for over 20 years and I didnt have a 9.8 graded book.

This was the first X Men comic I bought as a kid! Always liked this cover! Now will the 9.8 bug bite me??? lol

Xmen149.gif[/img]

Quite possibly...Congrats! (thumbs u

Hoping to grab my 1st Spidey book I had when I was a kid over at CLink... :wishluck:

Xmen149.gif[/img]

Nice! Congrats man :applause:

I loved that book as a kid also. That issues and then 150 were the 2 issues that REALLY got me into the x-men when I was like 9-10 years old. I always loved the art in those issues :cloud9:

Picked this one up today...I never saw this book before...saw it for the first time looking thru the new C Link auctions that are ending soon.

superheropuzzlesandgames.jpg[/img]

I remember when that was made available at the grocery store. My dad was a store manager and brought a handfull of the leftovers home. I think I still have a few in mom's attic, but they are not 9.8's. Nice copy!

(thumbs u