• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week in Your Bronze Age Collection!!
35 35

6,935 posts in this topic

Were the Marvel horror titles not distributed in the UK? I never seem to see them in decent shape over here, but they sure are purty.

Some of the other titles were, but as you say, you hardly ever see them in nice shape over here. I remember buying a Monsters on the prowl #20 in a market while I was on holiday in Blackpool in the 70's, it had the 6p price in the box, it is yet another great Gil Kane cover and trying to find a high grade cents copy is nigh impossible, hope I can pick one up at the London show. :wishluck:

This one is in the mail to me this week:

MKFu_64_GS.jpg

I'm not much of a slab collector, but back in the day my buddies and I really dug this cover (and Bruce Lee!), and copied it (or tried to copy it) many times as amateur 13 year-old artists in our Steranko/Gulacy phase. So I was very happy to find a nice copy.

Probably paid too much. Still, it's a keeper...

MOKF is a GREAT book!

Some fantastic Gulacy & Zeck artwork on the books, as well as some outstanding covers. #64 is a favorite - congrats on your copy! (thumbs u :applause:

Totally agree, Gulacy is a very underrated artist IMHO. I got these two from ebay not long ago.

Picture177.jpg

Picture176.jpg

I missed out on the #67 though. :cry:

Latest addition to my "Lady in White" Gothic horror themed collection (ok I know this one is in purple, but its too sweet to ignore!)

HOS8980front.jpg

Its a little off center (left to right and top to bottom) but it met my centering criteria of having the full DC bat on the left and the full CCA on the right, which is tough to score in these horror titles from the 70s.