• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week in Your Bronze Age Collection!!
35 35

6,934 posts in this topic

Two books i picked up in the Sunday night HA auction to feed my Pedigree craziness :screwy:

The Warlock i WAY overpayed for :censored: but the FF went VERY cheap so it evened out i guess (shrug)

warl1.jpg

ff149.jpg

1971 Third Eye poster. I had never ever seen one before yesterday and another boardie posted one in CG. I spent half the night looking at them on eBay and all over the web and couldnt find any for a decent price in good condition. I go to my LCS today and they have like 10 that they got yesterday from a OO collection!

this one was by far the coolest to me and in really good shape. Considering its a freaking poster, the price was kind of insane to me but it looks so awesome in hand i had to have it. Apparently if you look at it under a black light, its REALLY awesome but havent tried that yet.

poster.jpg

A recent acquisition. Last week at Comic-Con I purchased this book with a Winnipeg copy 80 page Giant Batman 185, an early 12-center Blackhawk featuring Lady Blackhawk on the cover (GGA) and this affordable DC 100-page Super Spectacular #5. Sure there's tape at the top and bottom spines and a light crease, but the colors are vivid and sharp and the pages are OW/W and it is a very scarce book. The price: Let's just say I couldn't pass up such a great deal! From Heroes Comics in San Jose, Calif. And the date stamp: That's the month and year I graduated high school! DC100pageSuperSpectacular5.jpg

First book I've picked up in a couple of months. I'm happy to get this one off my acquisition list.

RAD9A4462012615_102014.jpg

That's sweet! (worship)

I'm not into DC at all but if I'd have seen that, I'd have bought it in a second! Not only a Pedigree but my birthday is 5-6-72 so that label is freaking awesome!!!

A recent acquisition. Last week at Comic-Con I purchased this book with a Winnipeg copy 80 page Giant Batman 185, an early 12-center Blackhawk featuring Lady Blackhawk on the cover (GGA) and this affordable DC 100-page Super Spectacular #5. Sure there's tape at the top and bottom spines and a light crease, but the colors are vivid and sharp and the pages are OW/W and it is a very scarce book. The price: Let's just say I couldn't pass up such a great deal! From Heroes Comics in San Jose, Calif. And the date stamp: That's the month and year I graduated high school! DC100pageSuperSpectacular5.jpg

I love that book.

Finally replaced my old 9.2. I liked that the sig isn't on the green wall where you usually see it, just wish it was a little higher. Not in hand yet but soon. :whee:

asm12994_1.jpg

Edited by Twistty1

First book I've picked up in a couple of months. I'm happy to get this one off my acquisition list.

RAD9A4462012615_102014.jpg

That's sweet! (worship)

I'm not into DC at all but if I'd have seen that, I'd have bought it in a second! Not only a Pedigree but my birthday is 5-6-72 so that label is freaking awesome!!!

Trust me, I'm not a big Wonder Woman fan but the Jeff Jones covers on 199 and 200 are phenomenal.

I'm glad I was able to pick it up before someone else decided they wanted it as much as I did. :)

Well, my wins from the July CL auctions came in today. Can't help feeling underwhelmed though. I wonder if I'm finally getting bored. Not exactly the best specimens within their grade, but I did score both at what it is basically below either GPA or Overstreet. It was a real surprise I actually won to be honest. My Adams Bats collection is nearly complete now, but it may be while before I buy anything else.

RAD92C23201273_164310.jpg

RAD346AD201275_181444.jpg

With the exception of 222, not really. 222 is not my favorite book in the run so I just can't bring myself to pay too much for a decent copy. I started out on this project last year. Didn't think I'd actually get this far so fast. I remember I was sitting on pins and needles waiting for my 227 and couldn't wait to rip open the package once it came in. Didn't feel that this time around. :(