• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fed Ex and Canada

11 posts in this topic

I have a question for my fellow Canadians, I just bought some books from Metropolis and was wondering if I will get hit with a broker bill from Fed-Ex like UPS, Also can Metro mail USPS and insure it to Canada, I know the site says not International, wondering if Canada was different. Always nice if you can save $20-30 in shipping each time.

And in case any of you are wondering what I picked up, I can't say as there might be more I want :grin:

Thanks,

Bruce

You will get a broker bill for $8 or so in a few weeks. I have received about 6 of them in the past year and haven't paid any of them since I have no agreement with FedEx to do so.

I've never had a follow-up letter. I think there are active class-action lawsuits against UPS for charging these fees while holding your goods ransom.

Metro has shipped me goods by USPS but I think their insurance may not cover it. You should give Vincent or Frank a call to confirm.

I did have a package damaged from them though, and they really went the extra mile to make sure I ended up happy with my books.

It's unreasonable that the never used to charge it and now they do. They saw UPS getting away with it and figured they would too. Up until now I avoided UPS at any cost for this reason. Now I don't pay UPS or Fed-Ex's charges. They are just a cash grab.

:screwy:

I'll now probably avoid Fed Ex whenever possible.

R.

I assumed I HAD to pay it and have every time........But I agree, Fedex is SO awesome I don't mind paying it........and Thanks to Vincent and Steve @ Metro for always making sure us Canadian customers save major $$$$ in avoiding those extra charges (they don't have to do what they do for us, you know) .

Yep - I've been happy with the service from Metro... but I'll be dammed if I ever pay one of those bills fedex gives me. I've never understood why anybody would do it - but to each their own!

Personally I would pay the bill. At some point they might decide they have a lot of money outstanding and start putting people in to collections. I think, at least for the next few years, getting your credit rating as high as possible will be very important.

Personally I would pay the bill. At some point they might decide they have a lot of money outstanding and start putting people in to collections. I think, at least for the next few years, getting your credit rating as high as possible will be very important.

If FedEx ever could produce something that I signed agreeing to pay them for anything, sure, I would pay. I'd love to see a squad of collections agents try to get money out of people with no supporting documentation other than a receipt from the sender.

Really, you do not owe FedEx anything.